Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Pop Quiz

• 18-12-2010 1:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭

How about a pop quiz in the same format as on the Junior Cert forum?

Person A asks a question. Person B answers and asks another question and so on....

Q. State Newton's law of gravitation

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

How about a pop quiz in the same format as on the Junior Cert forum?

Person A asks a question. Person B answers and asks another question and so on....

Q. State Newton's law of gravitation
    It's way too broad a range of subjects when it comes to the LC though. In the JC the vast vast majority take up the same subjects as each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

I think it's a great idea- thought of starting it myself but I wasn't sure how it'd be received... but yeah, I'm all for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭GregoryNimmo

There should be topics, for example, Biology. Otherwise like the previous post stated. Its too broad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭readystudypass

There should be topics, for example, Biology. Otherwise like the previous post stated. Its too broad.

That's a good compromise.

Q. What GM is the father of genetics?

That's a good compromise.

Q. What GM is the father of genetics?

Uhh whats a GM? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

Gregor Mendel.
    (I actually feel sad now, I did my leaving two years ago, and I remeber the biology notes I learned word for word :( I have no life!).

What is the name of the pair of scientists who first devised the double helix structure of DNA.

Musefan wrote: »
    Gregor Mendel.
    (I actually feel sad now, I did my leaving two years ago, and I remeber the biology notes I learned word for word :( I have no life!).

What is the name of the pair of scientists who first devised the double helix structure of DNA.

You dont actually need to know that stuff do you?

My teachers never gone over that kinda stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Yeah that's another problem. There's no point in asking questions like that. They rarely if ever come up in an exam. I'll start with a bit of chemistry.
    What is a primary standard and give two common examples of primary standards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

I doubt that you would lose a lot of marks if you didn't know it. We focused strongly on genetics and some evolutionary stuff like comparative anatomy, because the year I did my leaving, was an anniversary of both Darwin's birth and the publishing of On Origin of Species, and low and behold a question on comparative anatomy came up. I think that the biology paper cen infact be as topical as the English paper for example, when significant developments happen in science that relate to the syllabus. Might do no harm to have a look in the media. After all they do set the papers about now :)

Advertisement