Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

~ ~ ~ Merry Christmas Everyone ~ ~ ~

Options
  • 18-12-2010 2:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭

Well folks its offically Christmas week , it being Dec 18th , and same as last year , i would like to wish each and everyone here in our Astronomy forum .

A VERY MERRY XMAS & A FANTASTIC NEW YEAR FOR 2011

My friends LL ( Leo ) , Beeker , fifilarue , ynotdu , Thargor , Hadouken!! , Malty_T , Kevster , jumpguy , Redshift, slade_x, tbh, r3nu4l , Hill Billy , Plug, , Hauk , Jammy Dodger , Calcahs , Bogman , efla , etc etc , too many to mention , please forgive me if i`ve left anybody out , This message is TO EVERYONE HERE ..so to ALL here ,

Have a Wonderful time and hope those who will be using their scopes for the very first time xmas day/night i wish you clear skies , and special thoughts go to the kids who will be amazed with thier scopes for xmas , well done to the parents !! Great present to give to a child ;-)

One of my fav pics i took in 2010 ( my 7yr old son Aaron by my side when i took it )

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45337950@N05/4168209590/sizes/l/in/photostream/

He loves to look at the cheese on the moon LOL

Thanks to everyone for everything we shared in 2010 , i`ve really enjoyed your company

Merry Merry XMAS ALL !!

Stargate

;):p:):rolleyes::eek::cool::P

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Hi Stargate,

Marry Christmas to you also and to all on the [EMAIL="A@S"]A@S[/EMAIL] forum. Hope you all have a peaceful and relaxing holiday.

Clear Skies to all:)
    isschristmas2009.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

:D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0y0h8YjF03VAOPW7GYcNmImylK8oGjfkrCD8SGE90ARIckdKO

• Registered Users Posts: 22,771 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Merci viel mals from snowy Bern!

I hope you all have a great Christmas & here's hoping for Clear Skies tomorrow especially (so my flight home doesn't get cancelled). :)

Take care folks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭fifilarue

Merry Christmas to all and safe travelling to all those on the move in the next few days. Stargate, really miss reading your stuff on the forum so hope you'll be back to form in the new year :D
    All the best,
    f

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Happy xmas from me too!:)

Another year of fun posts,new stuff learned from the astronomy enthusiasts here and some,erm.........drama!

Bittersweet 2011 ahead with the end of the STS programme.:(

NASA-TREE-LIGHTING-CEREMONY--51021.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

lord lucan wrote: »
    Happy xmas from me too!:)

Another year of fun posts,new stuff learned from the astronomy enthusiasts here and some,erm.........drama!

Bittersweet 2011 ahead with the end of the STS programme.:(

NASA-TREE-LIGHTING-CEREMONY--51021.jpg

Jez LL , you always make me laugh .......... that pic made me burst out laughing ....... Merry xmas LL , looking forward to 2011 with you all

Stargate

fifilarue wrote: »
    Merry Christmas to all and safe travelling to all those on the move in the next few days. Stargate, really miss reading your stuff on the forum so hope you'll be back to form in the new year :D
    All the best,
    f

Thank you Fi

Hope you have a wonderful xmas , great to see you posting ;)

Stargate

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Merci viel mals from snowy Bern!

I hope you all have a great Christmas & here's hoping for Clear Skies tomorrow especially (so my flight home doesn't get cancelled). :)

Take care folks!

Hill Billy ....you get home ok ?????????????

Hope you did ..have a great xmas !!

Stargate

:D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0y0h8YjF03VAOPW7GYcNmImylK8oGjfkrCD8SGE90ARIckdKO

Thanks Cú Giobach

Enjoyed the craic with you on the Weather forum re the snow LOL

come on cork !! haha

Stargate

Beeker wrote: »
    Hi Stargate,

Marry Christmas to you also and to all on the [EMAIL="A@S"]A@S[/EMAIL] forum. Hope you all have a peaceful and relaxing holiday.

Clear Skies to all:)
    isschristmas2009.jpg

Ah Beeker tnx so much - you too , enjoy the break and talk to you soon :)

ps where is ynotdu these days ......

Stargate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Happy Christmas to you all.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

Click Image For Full Size
    2010 December 25th
    M78LoopLDN1622_andreoHaLRGBh600.jpg
    Decorating the Sky
    Image Credit & Copyright: Rogelio Bernal Andreo
    Explanation: Bright stars, clouds of dust and glowing nebulae decorate this cosmic scene, a skyscape just north of Orion's belt. Close to the plane of our Milky Way Galaxy, the wide field view spans about 5.5 degrees. Striking bluish M78, a reflection nebula, is at the left. M78's tint is due to dust preferentially reflecting the blue light of hot, young stars. In colorful contrast, the red sash of glowing hydrogen gas sweeping through the center is part of the region's faint but extensive emission nebula known as Barnard's Loop. At right, a dark dust cloud forms a prominent silhouette cataloged as LDN 1622. While M78 and the complex Barnard's Loop are some 1,500 light-years away, LDN 1622 is likely to be much closer, only about 500 light-years distant from our fair planet Earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

happy christmas guys!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Stargate wrote: »
    Ah Beeker tnx so much - you too , enjoy the break and talk to you soon :)

ps where is ynotdu these days ......

Stargate
    Afraid he left Boards some weeks back:( I'm sure he looks in every so often to see how we are doing, so a Merry Christmas also to ynotdu wherever you are:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

Stargate wrote: »
    Thanks Cú Giobach

Enjoyed the craic with you on the Weather forum re the snow LOL

come on cork !! haha

Stargate

Cheers Stargate, that was some craic on the weather forum alright that night, one of the very few times I actually did "laugh out loud" with forum banter, enjoy the festive season (hic) ;).

Ynotdu:

If you're reading this, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!
    I never mentioned it before but you are the first person who "thanked" me on this forum so Cheers, Sláinte Mhaith!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Orlock

Hi there,

Looking for infor on when would be the best night to set up a new telescope in Dublin, are there any weather forecasts for visibility etc available ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

belated merry christmas to you all

Advertisement