Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luke Clancy

Options
  • 18-12-2010 3:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

Just listening to this tool, Luke Clancy, on BBC Radio 5 live talking about the Irish Music scene, He has just described Damien Dempsey as a National treasure and also said that his new song "The Auld Triangle" is one of his best works ever.

Would love to know who this knob Jockey is and if he is such an authority on Irish Music scene how he managed to fail to mention the other Luke (Kelly) the only man who could sing "The Auld Triangle".

I never heard of this Luke Clancy before and found this interview pure cringe especially his D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-Damien D-D-D-D-D-D-D-Dempsey description

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

For anyone who wants to listen: The 'Irish' bit starts 33 mins in, the Auld Triangle bit at around 44mins,30 secs
    Also, as if they played Horse Outside on the BBC!

I wasn't listening intently but I didn't hear him describe DD as a National Treasure, he might well have though.

I mean I like Damien Dempsey, but that bloke (Luke Clancy) sounds like a twat and a half tbf. How can you mention the Auld Triangle and not Luke Kelly?!

Slightly related, I must say, I'd never really listened to Glen Hansard before; but I found a video of him singing Raglan Road, and it's fantastic.

It would have been Luke's 70th at the end of last month month, it's a shame they couldn't have dedicated the Auld Triangle to his memory. Ah well

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

That Glen Hansard video was good and I share the same sentiments as yourself on Luke Kelly not being mentioned, then again I think the song is for St Vincent De Paul so there is a good side. The Horse outside version was the (heavily) edited version.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

I heard a Damien Dempsey song recently, he sounded simple and his lyrics even more so, some of it was along the lines of "I have a cat, he is fat".

I don't get it....

• Registered Users Posts: 27 splash137

Hi guys,

Really sorry if i'm posting this to the wrong place but I can't find a dircet thread.. anyway..just wondering if anyone had an idea where I could get a poster of Luke Kelly? I've searched the usual online sites but is there a ashop in Dublin or somewhere thaat sells anything like it??

Any help would be great! :)

Advertisement