Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learning to drive classes in Carlow??

Options
  • 18-12-2010 3:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Ok, so the thing is I figure its time I got myself one of them automobiles that everyone these days seems to have (when did that craze start?! :p). However, theres a problem, I have no idea what so ever how to drive.....literally! I know you turn a key to start, you turn the steering wheel to steer and theres a pedal that makes the car stop, but, thats the limit of my knowledge :o

What I'm wondering is, is there anywhere in Carlow that gives classes, or like a course teaching people to drive, like complete beginners. People in my family drive etc, but I think I'd sooner learn 'properly'(?) rather than picking up potential bad habbits or incorrect way of doing things.

Any help or info let me know, please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭bluefirefly

There's lots of driving schools around town. You cant really miss the cars with those big massive signs on top of them!!

I went wih David Ryan and he is REALLY good. If you do a search on boards with driving instructor carlow. His name comes up quite often.There's also a site that you can search for instructors..but i dont know it. I'm sure someone will post it.

but yeah, David Ryan. Highly recommend him. Its best to get proper lessons and learn to drive ,before you drive with family and them telling you you're not doing the "right"thing..
    I did that and only developed bad habbits after my exams :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I would recommend learning the very very basics off the family members.
    As in how to make the car move forward and how to stop it.

Then I'd go straight to lessons.
    They cater for all levels in driving lessons really, I started mine not really having a clue what I was doing (I didn't even know how to defog the front window!)

I'd recommend Fergus Hutton although he's probably more suited if you're more comfortable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Their is plenty of Driving Instructors willing to give you a dig out as long as you have the €35 per Hr for them... Bit of a cartel going on with the RSA instructors if you as me :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭mirror mirror

mick canavan out in Ballon, gives a discount if your doing a couple of lessons

Advertisement