Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick to ballyvaughn?

• 18-12-2010 4:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone im planning on driving from Limerick to ballyvaughn saturday evening at around 7 o clock I know the roads are bad but what are they like around clare mainly the road to ballyvaughn? thanks for reading!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

The corkscrew hill just before Ballyvaughan can be very bad at times. The road was just resurfaced too and it's very smooth so I would imagine it could get very slippy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

Would it be driveable or too dangerous would you think?

and do you know if there's a route I could take to avoid the corkscrew hill?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

and do you know if there's a route I could take to avoid the corkscrew hill?

The coastal road from Lisdoonvarna via Fanore may be worth considering, a fine jouney anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Western_sean

The roads up here aren't actually that awful today and there seems to be a bit of a thaw now. I think your route home might be more important than the route to here if you are heading back again.

The coast road either via Lisdoonvarna or going at it the other way & coming back in from Kilcolgan via Kinara seem like the best options to me.

Safe travelling.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

The roads are spot on, a friend of my brother's was heading up to Santa in Ailwee Caves and he didn't have any problems with the roads

thanks i went from limerick to cusheen or crusheen and then went across the roads were perfect, thanks!

Advertisement