Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planetside Next in March?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Official website up now.

http://www.planetside2.com/

A 10 minute talk at the SOE fan fare about Planetside 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyYUehrWjMM

• Registered Users Posts: 18,167 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Cannot wait for this game also anyone with a SOE account youve got a free 45 days for planetside 1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

VinLieger wrote: »
    Cannot wait for this game also anyone with a SOE account youve got a free 45 days for planetside 1
    When I tried PS1 earlier even at prime time the hot spot had 100+ slots left for each side (it is 133 per side if I remember) :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Looking forward to this one, might even play it longer than the "free" month you get when buying the game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Looking forward to this one, might even play it longer than the "free" month you get when buying the game.

I'll quote you on this when we've both quit after the free month :P

Kiith wrote: »
    I'll quote you on this when we've both quit after the free month :P

In all fairness it still a SOE game so Im sure they will find a way to screw it up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Mavvvy

Please let this be good, at least they are leaving the BFR's out of it.

Not sure how I feel like the headshot system, last thing you need is a hill filled with 100 wookies. Although orbital stikes........:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Mavvvy wrote: »
    Please let this be good, at least they are leaving the BFR's out of it.

Not sure how I feel like the headshot system, last thing you need is a hill filled with 100 wookies. Although orbital stikes........:D
    Not orbital, a low altitude cluster bomb run...

Nody wrote: »
    Not orbital, a low altitude cluster bomb run...

Yeah I remember flying in those liberators great fun, speaking of which I really want to see what they have done with the flight physics.

• Advertisement

Yeah I remember flying in those liberators great fun, speaking of which I really want to see what they have done with the flight physics.
    I agree, we used to run a bomber wing with them in our old clan with 2 or 3 Libs and a mosq. or two. Our best run was against NC were we caught two Galaxies (flown in from the central spawning point) fully loaded in their base about to take off; a run with AT bombs later...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Dropping bombs from on high and then just seeing a litany of names appear in the top corner of your screen was immensely satisfying and giggle inducing ...

But not as much fun as flying a galaxy so low you were decapitating smurf infantry at the shins, during the middle of a zerg :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

As a dedicated sniper in PS, I am in favour of headshots :)

As a dedicated sniper in PS, I am in favour of headshots :)

I have no problem about the system at all now that I have thought about it. Just expect rapid CAS strikes if I see you on a hill :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

I suck at the up close stuff, so mostly do eng and medic. Sniper is my best offensive role. :)

I suck at the up close stuff, so mostly do eng and medic. Sniper is my best offensive role. :)

Use a Jackhammer - simples :)

Advertisement