Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations?

Options
  • 18-12-2010 7:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

What would you recommend to someone that isn't terribly familiar with Irish musicians, but has a teeny bopperish crush on Glen Hansard? I love The Frames and The Swell Season, and I like The Cake Sale track he's on. Basically I just really love his voice. Based on that... anyone want to recommend something new to listen to that isn't Glen Hansard but in a similar vein of good sound?

Please don't say Damien Rice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I find Music Map quite useful for finding bands that are similar to other bands. Some of the suggestions are way off but it's a good starting point anyway. For "The Frames" it threw up stuff like The Frank and Walters, The Twang and Cry Before Dawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

Well I'd say check out the Popical Island collective.
    http://popicalisland.bandcamp.com/al...pical-island-1
    So Cow is involved with them too, but he's been making brilliant albums for a good while.No Monster Club too.
    There's a chance you won't like them given what you asked for, but it's worth a shot.
    This might be more down your street.

Advertisement