Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thermostat heater in attic v infrared light?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Some sight I'd say, though prob not as bad as Mcbee's house in its current form:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

my own fault -managed to replumb myself

mostly coppper running near outside walls,
    3 on 1st floor rads,4 on 1st floor hot and cold,2 in boiler house central heating
    i reckon i actually got away light(no ground floor damage)

i was gone most of crimbo at wife's and working and drinkin

bring on the infra-reds and frost stats :)

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭paddles

danjo wrote: »
    I would feel more comfortable heating the whole space as you are protecting the pipes as well.
    I use a frost stat in the attic to turn on the
    central heating when temp drops to 2 degrees. Worked great recently when the house was unoccupied.

So what cost is this frost stat anyway? I decided to go with the infra red light in the and plus leaving the attic door open when house unoccupied. However, a bird got in through open attic door into the house and left a nice little trail of destruction so yet ANOTHER job that needs to be done! :(

Who would you get to assess attic for gaps etc? There is also sopme felt peeling off. Are there "attic repairs" tradesmen specifically?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Guinness69

Just for whomever needs to know. I was quoted about £19 stg for a frost stat online in the UK. I went with a frost heater for €16 from barretts in Maynooth. It saved me putting together a lamp or heater set up with the stat. Hope I went with the right idea

Advertisement