Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Captain Beefheart

Options
  • 18-12-2010 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,005 ✭✭✭✭

Not just a friend of Frank Zappa's, Captain Beefheart produced his own brand of avant-garde bluesy madness throughout the late 60s and 70s. Gone at 69, but he left the music business almost 30 years ago to concentrate on painting. The Guardian has an obituary and other pieces, and you can hear his influence all over some famous bands of today. I can't imagine what Primus or Faith No More would sound like without him. :(

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Discovered him through my love of the Belgian outfit dEUS about 15 years ago. They always cited him as an influence and so I checked him out, and was hooked.

R.I.P

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭jpm4

Jesus. I can't believe I had to find this out from boards.ie. A genuis who's influence will always be felt. I have to admit I was alway wondering if he was still alive or not. So long.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

:( They don't make 'em like this anymore. R.I.P. Don

Advertisement