Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stolen from van

• 18-12-2010 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Was just at an estate in the waterford area, I was booked in to fit a new sky dish with quad and to run cable into 4 rooms. At the property there was 2 existing sky dish`s fitted, 1 to the rear and 1 on the chimney stack which were completely rusted through to oblivion. the person at the property wanted me to fit a quad onto 1 of the existing dish's, and I explained to them that I would not recommend this given the condition of these 2 dish's and that a new dish would have to be fitted, they were not happy with this to say the least and i was getting ready to leave when i turned my back to help my co worker put ladders away when the man of the house took a sky dish from the back of my van brought it into the house and locked the door!!! Any way just a warning to any dealers in my area, contact me and i will foward details of the address and tel numbers so no one else is caught in this manner.
    I didnt want to post the details here as im not sure of the rules of the forum with this.

Anyway im so busy at the moment didnt have time to wait for the guards to come.

Im gobsmacked:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Sorry to hear that, unreal behaviour.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Premier

Tony wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that, unreal behaviour.

Well i treat everyone as good as the last person regardless of race or color?

thought i could leave the van open "while it was parked in the driveway"

If it had to be a meter santa would be coming down the chimney early with a christmas box :D
    Just hadn't time to wait a couple of hours for police, but home now for sport and a cuppa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭denis1501

You should report this pathetic excuse for a person to the gardai, there's no way you should just let it go.

denis1501 wrote: »
    You should report this pathetic excuse for a person to the gardai, there's no way you should just let it go.

I have, ;) or should i say we have, business partner just gave me a puck

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

satpaul wrote: »
    I have, ;) or should i say we have, business partner just gave me a puck

those satellite installers are the ones the people should be treated with respect as they are ones which are saving people money in the future if they go fta

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lgs 4

Was just at an estate in the waterford area, I was booked in to fit a new sky dish with quad and to run cable into 4 rooms. At the property there was 2 existing sky dish`s fitted, 1 to the rear and 1 on the chimney stack which were completely rusted through to oblivion. the person at the property wanted me to fit a quad onto 1 of the existing dish's, and I explained to them that I would not recommend this given the condition of these 2 dish's and that a new dish would have to be fitted, they were not happy with this to say the least and i was getting ready to leave when i turned my back to help my co worker put ladders away when the man of the house took a sky dish from the back of my van brought it into the house and locked the door!!! Any way just a warning to any dealers in my area, contact me and i will foward details of the address and tel numbers so no one else is caught in this manner.
    I didnt want to post the details here as im not sure of the rules of the forum with this.

that sounds like they where knackers thats like what they would do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

sounds like the customer needs the puck.......

lgs 4 wrote: »
    that sounds like they where knackers thats like what they would do[/QUOTE

No their not travellers, I have over 20 settled traveller families on my books and they have a lot of respect for me and vice versa. They were from south africa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Thats disgraceful paul, hope the gardai do something concrete about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭BuzzG

That's really bad form especially since you were trying to do the right thing by them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

No their not travellers, I have over 20 settled traveller families on my books and they have a lot of respect for me and vice versa. They were from south africa.
    What is it with South Africans? In the last 10 years or so I have run across quite a few who have moved to Ireland - most were white, but all were arrogant with an amazing sense of entitlement. That accent doesn't endear either!
    (oh dear I have probably offended the PC brigade.... I'll expect a missive from that outfit run by that foreign woman...emmm... Residents Against Racism or something?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Wouldn't it be amazing if their new dish mysteriously fell down and broke some night.;) You know how things like this happen with extreme weather.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭joe250

Phone rings
    South africa accent phone hangs up.
    thats what I do fed up with job starting at certain price and by the time finished getting handed half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

zerks wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be amazing if their new dish mysteriously fell down and broke some night.;) You know how things like this happen with extreme weather.:)

wouldn't it be unfortunate if someone who knows their Sky account number called Sky to cancel movies over Christmas or the rugby matches.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Racism. :(

There are loads of Irish people that are untrustworthy.

I know some Black(various sorts) & many White(both tribes) South Africans. Most of the ones I know are above average Irish Honesty & Reliability. I know nothing bad about the rest.

It's totally terrible Satpaul getting Dish pinched. South Africans is nothing to do with it and to go on about them in this Technical forum detracts from it.

Just my 2c

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    wouldn't it be unfortunate if someone who knows their Sky account number called Sky to cancel movies over Christmas or the rugby matches.....

They dont have a sub,

Anyway was sent a text last night from the woman of the house and it goes like this....

Hi Paul I an sorry for what happened on saturday.
    Please accept my appologies and pick up your "Cable" at anytime.
    Please once again accept my sorryness!

joe250 wrote: »

Phone rings
    South africa accent phone hangs up.
    thats what I do fed up with job starting at certain price and by the time finished getting handed half.

Well im tending to go the same route, Or cash up front

watty wrote: »
    Racism. :(

There are loads of Irish people that are untrustworthy.

I know some Black(various sorts) & many White(both tribes) South Africans. Most of the ones I know are above average Irish Honesty & Reliability. I know nothing bad about the rest.

It's totally terrible Satpaul getting Dish pinched. South Africans is nothing to do with it and to go on about them in this Technical forum detracts from it.

Just my 2c

I agree with you 100% it's not the first time that this has happened, but im going down the same route as "joe" quote, cash up front, what would you do, Keep getting caught

Can a mod lock this up, think it's done and dusted

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Don't know which is sadder, reading the shameful OP event or the equally shameful 'revenge' posts.
    Dropping to the original shameful event level drags us all down, grow up

• Advertisement
Advertisement