Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone with a rifle-bore scope in Cork?

Options
  • 18-12-2010 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hello all,

Need a favour if anyone in Cork county has a rifle-bore scope?

I have a suspected crack in the bore of my Beretta DT-10, and want to examine it in more detail.

Cheers,

Mike

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

Hi mike,

unfortunatly the answer looks like no, no1 seems to have a borescope as there cost in prohibitive and they generlly are not required for the average user.

I would have a little experience in this field if you want to explain why you think the bore is cracked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

any decent garage would have a bore scope for checking cylinders, not firearm specific but will do the job just the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭chickenfarmer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

a large animal vet might have what you are after if you know one , they use them to "scope" horse's , cattle , another thing to try is anyone who does high end welding (pressure vessels,pharma etc) as they do crack testing, or you can buy a kit for doing crack testing yourself in an engineers suppliers ,it comes in two aerosols, one is a very thin dye and the other is basically spray chalk , very simple to use , also try any of the technical colleges (cit ?) they might have gear for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭mosulli4

Thanks fellas.

I got the dye penetration test sprays from a local engineering company. Will do it over the xmas, when I am off work. I will also travel up to John Conroy in the new year as he has a rifle bore-scope.

I have found a second crack in the chamber/forcing cone area in the meantime, so the gun is destined to be returned to Beretta.

Will keep ye posted on progress...

Chickenfarmer - are you Cork based?

Cheers

Mike

• Advertisement
Advertisement