Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

snow sledging in the city?

Options
  • 18-12-2010 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

Anybody know anywhere in the environs of the southside of the city where I could bring the kids for a bit of sledging/sledding is Frankfield golfcourse accessable? any other suitable locations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Edit: Obviously was unaware of this when I posted - removed as mark of respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Gigiwagga wrote: »
    Anybody know anywhere in the environs of the southside of the city where I could bring the kids for a bit of sledging/sledding is Frankfield golfcourse accessable? any other suitable locations?

Frankfield definately closed now after girl, 15, killed there earlier today. Her sled hit a tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

evilivor wrote: »
    Frankfield definately closed now after 15 killed there earlier today. Get sled hit a tree.
    15 people died? I doubt that now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

evilivor wrote: »
    Frankfield definately closed now after 15 killed there earlier today. Get sled hit a tree.

15 year old i think that should read ..
    terrible accident. even sadder at this time of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

15 people died? I doubt that now

Edited

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

ah jesus that's awful, hadn't heard that, some Christmas present for the family :(

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Gigiwagga

Heard that myself just now, very sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭StereoLove

That's incredibly sad.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Heard this on the news,very sad :(

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Atlantic1

Absolutely awful. And even more so, given the time of year.............

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1218/cork.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Bunnywabbit

I feel so bad for her family especially her poor sisters :( Horrible and only one week to Christmas..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭J2D2

I've heard that one of the other girls woke up from a coma a little while ago, though I think there's fears of paralysis.

Bloody awful thing to have happened. I don't even know what that must be like :(

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

A real tragic accident, Hope the others will make it through without lasting problems.
    Saw a group of young lads sledging down barrack st. earlier on, Not really the safest place to do it but just shows how bad the footpaths still are:(

Advertisement