Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sir Alex Ferguson

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

BERBA wrote: »
    i think that if utd draw them they will be chasing the ball for 90 mins just like they were in 2009 with the same result

They are a class team but beatable, I wouldn't expect them to beat us every time we play them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

lordgoat wrote: »
    Berb i think AC are going to show you what you have to do in the CL. I think it's one of the worst draws you could have gotten. One of the most experienced teams against the newbies. I'd say Milan were happy with the draw as much as you supposedly are.

agree with a lot of that , worst draw we could have got as group winners but they have a few lads with plenty miles on the clock , pace at the lane will kill em , thats assuming and a big assumption that first leg in san siro isnt a disaster and we dont get stage fright.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

BERBA wrote: »
    agree with a lot of that , worst draw we could have got as group winners but they have a few lads with plenty miles on the clock , pace at the lane will kill em , thats assuming and a big assumption that first leg in san siro isnt a disaster and we dont get stage fright.

Put it this way, if you give AC a 2 or 3 goal headstart like you have been doing, i can't see a comeback against them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

lordgoat wrote: »
    Put it this way, if you give AC a 2 or 3 goal headstart like you have been doing, i can't see a comeback against them

agreed , there can only be 1 goal in it heading for WHL , else its all uphill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,379 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I remember the days of United without Ferguson and it would be funny as hell if we could have had boards.ie in the 1980s with threads like these

Thread 'Aberdeen legend decides to try his hand at Man Utd'

forum member 1 - Scottish football is a joke, he will be useless
    forum member 2 - He will never be successful, we will have to wait 10 weeks to see the next game live on UTV
    forum member 3 - I cannae understand what he says - rubbish
    etc
    etc

Thread 'After 20 games, time for Ferguson to GTF'

forum member 1 - I told you he would never make the huge step up to the English league
    forum member 2 - I have seen Man Utd play twice on UTV and Ferguson is a useless manager
    forum member 3 - I still get understand a word he says - f*ck off Ferguson
    etc
    etc

He, of course, is a legend in Scottish football and a legend in English football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I remember the days of United without Ferguson and it would be funny as hell if we could have had boards.ie in the 1980s with threads like these

forum member 2 - He will never be successful, we will have to wait 10 weeks to see the next game live on UTV
    etc
    etc

forum member 1 - I told you he would never make the huge step up to the English league
    forum member 2 - I have seen Man Utd play twice on UTV and Ferguson is a useless manager
    etc
    etc

He, of course, is a legend in Scottish football and a legend in English football
    Forum member number 4 - Alan Hansen is right You'll never win anything with kids we're back to square one how long are we going to have to wait for another trophy :mad:
    :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Chances are, Fergie would have been sacked before winning a trophy - had he been appointed in the last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

flahavaj wrote: »
    If they never won a trophy again and slipped into mediocrity or worse for the next few decade, the memories that man has given us would keep us going for ten lifetimes.

If only!!! Unbelievable manager. One I love to hate and jealousy is the reason for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

etc
    etc

etc
    etc

Scottish football was decent back then though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,320 ✭✭✭sonic85

despise him to be honest but hes a flipping fantastic manager. fair play to him for all hes achieved and hes still going strong

Advertisement