Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC in Portmarnock

• 18-12-2010 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of switching from Eircom (Where I'm paying for a 24mb line where I get 11mb) to UPC and going for their 30mb package. I'm just wondering if their any boards members from the area with the service who could let me know how reliable it is?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Ronan wrote: »
    I'm thinking of switching from Eircom (Where I'm paying for a 24mb line where I get 11mb) to UPC and going for their 30mb package. I'm just wondering if their any boards members from the area with the service who could let me know how reliable it is?

Thanks.

UPC broadband is pretty much the same everywhere unless there is a major fault in the line which is unlikely. They are by far the best ISP in Ireland :)

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

Thanks, guess I am just wary as both myself and the wife sometimes work form home and use xbox live a lot :) Good to hear though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Nollog

Ronan wrote: »
    Thanks, guess I am just wary as both myself and the wife sometimes work form home and use xbox live a lot :) Good to hear though

Cable goes down a little bit more than dsl, so a lot of people keep a 3g dongle as a backup.
    If you're going to be working from home, I'd recommend you get one too. Pay as you go would suit best.

Advertisement