Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Slow news day..?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Girl injured while snowboarding. I kid you not.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2010/1218/breaking23.html

Unless there is more to this than reported, can someone please explain to me why this is a newsworthy story?

Wouldn't say its that slow, its not exactly the top story on their home page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

To warn people of the dangers of playing in snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Why pick that story, here is a far more interesting story next in the list and which leaves me with lots of questions
    The bodies of a man and a woman believed to be in their twenties have been discovered in the Grand Canal at Suir Road in Inchicore in Dublin.

The bodies were discovered shortly after mid-day today by a member of the public.

The scene has been preserved and the services of the Garda Technical Bureau and the State Pathologist have been requested.

The bodies have been removed to the City Morgue in Marino where postmortems will be carried out tomorrow. Gardaí at Kilmainham are investigating.

Hardly a slow news day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

But then I've strayed entirely from the point of your thread, sorry OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

Unless there is more to this than reported, can someone please explain to me why this is a newsworthy story?

is this a new craze? stories have to be newsworthy to feature on the poxy news?,
    i don't watch the news,i don't read the poxy papers,load a sheite

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Thats what happens when most of the football programme gets cancelled due to poor weather conditions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

That times article puts snowboarding in the headline but yet in the body of text it says "home-made sleigh"? Fairly big difference there...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Ha ha, it's a snow news day. Ha.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Breaking News and RTE reporting that the girl has died. RIP

Danbo! wrote: »

link

:eek:

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

bet you feel good op.

rip, live just up by me. tragic. rip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Danbo! wrote: »
    irish-stew wrote: »
    link

:eek:

RIP

Ah, so there was more. Fair enough. RIP.

From the article it sounded like the kind of accident that is probably happening a hundred times up and down the country.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭bmw535d

original op link has been changed, rip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Thread title sounds a bit harsh now....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Was wondering what the hell the OP was talking about.

Sad news for some family. Horrible actually. :(

Ah, so there was more. Fair enough. RIP.

From the article it sounded like the kind of accident that is probably happening a hundred times up and down the country.

Well when the article first went up thats probably all it was. Shocking that it has ended up so tragic.

:(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Hello folks. I guess considering the sad news of the death of the person in question it might be best to finish up this thread here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement