Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best source for irish news?

• 18-12-2010 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭

Rte six one and the irish times seem to have gotten rather ****e of late-where do you get your news fix from?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

+1 Like you, RTE have turned my stomach recently.

BBC, Newstalk, I quite like the journal.ie too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Boards.ie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Biggins.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 949 ✭✭✭maxxie

yor aulones

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

easyeason3 wrote: »
    Biggins.
    :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

After Hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

RTE don't do impartiality, you'd probably be better off getting free unbiased news from these guys - http://www.kcna.co.jp/index-e.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

nudist wrote: »
    Rte six one and the irish times seem to have gotten rather ****e of late-where do you get your news fix from?

Well nudist! It's clear you've been hanging out with the wrong people. RTE are big knobs IMO. They need a good dressing down, show the world they have balls enough to report the news.

I can highly recommend these fine reporters they aren't afraid to show the naked truth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

BBC and thisislondon (evening standard).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭GizAGoOfYerGee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

http://www.youtube.com/user/NMAWorldEdition

The Grizzly bear is much better than Dobbo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Definitely not the Irish Independent's website anyway. Most of their stories are about either Britain or the North

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

All Alison O Riordan, all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Boards.ie, news.bbc.co.uk and rte.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,420 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

The Irish News

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

al-jazeera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Wikileaks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

I use the inernet that way i can skip the bits that are just depressing and horrible to listen to

"16 girls were raped while being stabbed in a car crash last"

ugh tell us some good news for a change!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

Mark Little's current project:
    http://www.storyful.com/stories

Also like The Journal
    http://www.thejournal.ie/

and for a bit of a laugh, Newswhip:
    http://newswhip.ie/

Then the usual mix of the IT, BBC World, the Economist (& boards, of course).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

twitter

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

RobitTV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Sickipedia is always useful in finding out whether anyone of note has died.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭KindOfIrish

Taxi drivers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I use the HTC Android News Application to give me news based on keywords. So for example, I can get news mentioning the town where I live, or on certain topics. Basically, it's customised news.

RTE news is pathetic. It misses so much newsworthy stories that it is not a credible source of news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

wikileaks.ch --> cablegate --> search by origin --> D --> Embassy Dublin.

Gubuwire = blatent plug, but less of a joke than RTE news. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Google News is pretty good, it's what I use anyways. Twitter is good sometimes too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

irish-stew wrote: »
    BBC and thisislondon (evening standard).

+1 for the London Evening Standard, excellent newspaper, very good Friday magazine and its free, plus the thisislondon website is updated during the night in the event of any breaking news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

OPENROAD wrote: »
    +1 for the London Evening Standard, excellent newspaper, very good Friday magazine and its free, plus the thisislondon website is updated during the night in the event of any breaking news.

Very good paper, only one I get any time I'm in london. Not sure though if changing it to a free paper was the best idea. Would be concerned of more ads appearing to fund them and it being littered all over the tube like the Metro is. Also seems harder to find now, I have only seen it at tube stations since it became free (unless that has been changed since last time I was over), and they disappear quickly. At least when you paid for it you could get it from the local newsagent at any time of the afternoon or evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

irish-stew wrote: »
    Very good paper, only one I get any time I'm in london. Not sure though if changing it to a free paper was the best idea. Would be concerned of more ads appearing to fund them and it being littered all over the tube like the Metro is. Also seems harder to find now, I have only seen it at tube stations since it became free (unless that has been changed since last time I was over), and they disappear quickly. At least when you paid for it you could get it from the local newsagent at any time of the afternoon or evening.

It was always very cheap before, have to say the ads are not too bad, I view the newspaper online daily and it doesn't seem to have changed that much, though yes it seems harder to get now and it does disappear quickly.

Advertisement