Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rush - Alarm going off every night, all night

Options
  • 18-12-2010 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

For the last week an alarm has being going off every night in the area of Main st Rush, the skerries road end. It starts between 10 - 12 at night. It rings for about 30 to 45 min and then stops for 30min before starting again. This continues all night!

Dose anyone know what address this from? I want to try address the problem to the owner before following through with the Environmental act with Fingal CoCo. I am thinking it is a comercial premises, as it always gets turned off around 7:30 - 8:00 am.

Anyone got any info or is hearing this and wants to contribute to the log of incidents for the report to Fingal?

Steve

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

There is more than 1 alarm from what I hear. One was going off in Seafield Court for a few weeks and the neighbours fixed it. It was very annoying

I think I might know the one that is going off and I will check it out on Monday morning.

I am not being smart when I say if you have a car would you not take a trip up the road and see if you can spot a flashing light? This could be a fault with the alarm the person is not aware of. I know of one premises where 3 people get calls when alarm is triggered.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

the reason why its stopping and starting is the system is resetting itself and re-arming after approx 30mins. but because the original fault is still there its activating and starting the vicious circle again.
    if it is a commercial premises then its in the owners intrest to fix it cause if they get burgled with a faulty alarm and its certified, then the insurers may not pay out. to disable the bell from the outside would only take a ladder, small screwdriver and about 20 seconds.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

LeoB wrote: »
    There is more than 1 alarm from what I hear. One was going off in Seafield Court for a few weeks and the neighbours fixed it. It was very annoying

I think I might know the one that is going off and I will check it out on Monday morning.

I am not being smart when I say if you have a car would you not take a trip up the road and see if you can spot a flashing light? This could be a fault with the alarm the person is not aware of. I know of one premises where 3 people get calls when alarm is triggered.

How did they fix it if I might ask? I hope not by trespass and causing criminal damage to someones property to disable the alarm. If so I hope you informed the Garda to this crime.

Also for anyone thinking of it, its not a bright idea to put a ladder against someones house in these times if their is remote prospect that someone might be at home. Homeowners can now use firearms if they feel their life is underthreat from intruders especially with heightened fears over tiger kidnappings.

There is an official procedure with FCC as Fayer has pointed out to correct these problems or you can call out the Garda repeatly who will soon enough get the property owner to rectify it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

fayer wrote: »
    For the last week an alarm has being going off every night in the area of Main st Rush, the skerries road end
    It's very annoying alright. I can hear it in bed as I'm quite near there.
    would you not take a trip up the road and see if you can spot a flashing light?
    Leo - there doesn't seem to be any flashing light. Several times when commuting to work on the bike (usually between 5 and 6am) I've tried to see where it's coming from without success but appears to be in the vicinity of Hackett's Butchers.
    Corsendonk wrote: »
    its not a bright idea to put a ladder against someones house in these times if their is remote prospect that someone might be at home. Homeowners can now use firearms if they feel their life is underthreat from intruders
    ????? Notwithstanding your point of view, it is highly unlikely that the owners would be at home and allow an alarm to continue to ring and it is even more unlikely that a buglar would target a property with an alarm blaring!

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

I actually hopped out of bed on Saturday to try find it but it stopped :rolleyes:

Wishbone you should log the times any for the finals co co report if required, hopefully we can find the exact address to talk to the owners / report them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement