Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Holding Hands

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

It depends. Most of the time, its ok.

Other times, she has a tendency to walk faster than I do, I'm a doddler, and she starts to pull me sideways, and I crabwalk. Annoys the hell out of me.

And her depth perception is crap. If we're walking towards someone/thing, she moves to one side, which would allow me to move past, except she doesn't move far enough, and I either walk INTO whatever it is, or have to stop, and end up doing the crabwalk again.

Harumph, wimminz.

You sure its not a lead she has you on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Larianne wrote: »
    You sure its not a lead she has you on?

No, the leather stays in the Dungeon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Public displays of affection is bleh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Public displays of affection is bleh!

I'd agree but for some reason I really like holding hands. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I like holding hands :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

hmmm.... would it be odd for someone that just wants a ONS to hold your hand? or is it all part of the effort?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

hmmm.... would it be odd for someone that just wants a ONS to hold your hand? or is it all part of the effort?

Its an act, just to drag him/her back to their place.

:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

i'd be more into grabbing ass...

irish-stew wrote: »
    Its an act, just to drag him/her back to their place.

ah don't think there's a need for the stroke part there, it's hardly as likely a girl will have to hold a guys hand to get him back to hers :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Holding hands is a really nice feeling. It sucks when you're in a same sex relationship though because you can't really do it without fearing abuse from strangers looking for trouble. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

ah don't think there's a need for the stroke part there, it's hardly as likely a girl will have to hold a guys hand to get him back to hers :rolleyes:

Us guys some times need an extra hint.

:eek: really?

:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

:eek: really?

:pac:

not so much a hint.. but something along the lines of a billboard...

sometimes the hints wimmins try to give are like flyers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I hate it when a couple are walking towards you holding hands on a footpath wide enough for about two people. I feel like just pointing my arms forward like a spear and running between them.

And shouting BULLDOG!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭starlit

What kind of hint?

• Advertisement

not so much a hint.. but something along the lines of a billboard...

sometimes the hints wimmins try to give are like flyers...

but sure why should women have to do the work? plus can men not read flyers well? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

holding hands is really nice, good feeling.

but sure why should women have to do the work? plus can men not read flyers well? :pac:

haha,

people tend to put too much into too little with flyers.

billboards, ya gotta get the point across big, short and quick...

haha,

people tend to put too much into too little with flyers.

billboards, ya gotta get the point across big, short and quick...

:eek:

but really.... what do you want from a girl?

:eek:

but really.... what do you want from a girl?

short answer.. no f+cking idea

• Advertisement

short answer.. no f+cking idea

awh....

but i meant what do you want a girl to do to let you know she likes you? if most girls are too subtle?

righto... slighty longer answer, but mot for blokes in general, just how its gone for me...

last woman i was involved with... didnt know she was interested until.she pullwd down my jeans...

the woman before that, dodnt cop on until she pratically threw her number at me...

over all though... npt to big into holding hands... find it uncomforyable when the hands start getting sweaty, not sure if thats just me....

righto... slighty longer answer, but mot for blokes in general, just how its gone for me...

last woman i was involved with... didnt know she was interested until.she pullwd down my jeans...

the woman before that, dodnt cop on until she pratically threw her number at me...

over all though... npt to big into holding hands... find it uncomforyable when the hands start getting sweaty, not sure if thats just me....

well i've never had a guy let me know he was interested by pulling down my pants, or throwing his number at me... :( but ya that's taking it quite far.

Possibly that girl you played like a guitar, ya she may be interested too... ;)

on the hand holding thing, I think in a relationship after a long time I kinda get a bit sick of it, but at the start it's definitely nice. last guy I kissed held my hand walking along the street, and for a second it was like 'oooh'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

I realised this week one of my favourite things about holding hands. Myself and my OH were walking down the street hand-in-hand and a girl walking towards us was staring at him, looked like she was checking him out. Then she looked, sorry GLARED at me, and I never felt so lucky and smug in all my life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

I think its the guys who are with the ugly chicks that don't like holding hands, cause at least the general punter can maybe assume that they are only friends. If he holds the beast's hand he removes all doubt.

Luckily I have never had this problem :cool:

Advertisement