Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Special Bank Transfer with no clearing time?

Options
  • 18-12-2010 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭

A friend recently described a type of transfer to me which allowed him to transfer money from one account to another, in a different bank, instantaneously with no delay. His aunt, a bank manager of an Ulster bank branch, apparently described this transfer to him. When he used it, it took them some time in the bank as the cashier didn't know what he ment and needed a supervisor to process the transfer. But it worked, he said.

Possibly called a "single branch transfer"?

Now I need to transfer money to an account before 23rd December so I was hoping to use this to transfer money. As I said, I forget exactly what exactly he called it. I'm not sure what I should ask for. My account is with AIB.

Any help please?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

SDMT - Same Day Money Transfer. This is what you're talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

stepbar wrote: »
    SDMT - Same Day Money Transfer. This is what you're talking about.
    Thank you very much sir! How do I arrange this? Just go up to the cashier and ask?

And is there an extra charge for using it? I'm hoping to transfer a few hundred euro.

Advertisement