Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone out there playing wow with clearwire?

Options
  • 18-12-2010 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭

I'm currently having problems with WoW and clearwire, now i know clearwire and anything other than light net usage don't go together but it's all i have for the time being as il be moving soon and don't want to pay the 150 quid charge to switch it over. The problem seems to be that clearwire are blocking something according to the email i got from wow tech support however the clearwire tech guys are completely useless, most of the time it seems like i know more about broadband than they do. Basically what i'm wondering is there any way to bypass this little block they have going, i think they're blocking one of the ports but i'm not 100% sure, there should be some way to do this as there was a little half work around for the torrent blocking.
    Last year i was playing warcraft just fine, it wasn't ideal and was bumbing up to yellow latency far more often than i would like but at least i could play then as apposed to now when theres about a 1 in 20 chance of me actually being able to log on at all and then getting stuck on a loading screen as soon as i try go into an instance or battleground :*(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Yurple

I had problems with clearwire before.. lots and lots of them so I switched since it was the better option for me! not just with world of warcraft.. also with just normal online surfing.. constant disconnections etc :mad:

Advertisement