Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favorite notes from soundings

Options
  • 18-12-2010 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

Hi all,
    My Girlfriends sister gave away her sounding book after she was finished with it. My girlfriend has never got over it. Ive looked through loads of second hand books to try find a second hand copy to no avail. So i bought a new copy. soooo i want to throw a few scribbles and stuff on it. I know a lot of this would be personal stuff that would only apply to the owner but maybe some of ye could post up a few notes off your copies that bring back some memories and i could maybe get a few ideas and pearsonalise them for my girlfriend. all i have so far is Suzanne loves Phaudrig.
    Thanks all
    happy christmas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Academic notes? or stuff like "Yeats is a w@nker"?

If it's academic notes you might get some stuff from some cog sites which explain the meanings of poems. Here's a basic enough one Leaving Cert Poems You might find some meanings that would be relevant to you and your girlfriend. Don't have my copy any more, but only one I can remember off the top of my head is Patrick Kavanagh Advent - "through a chink too wide comes in no wonder" which the teacher insinuated was about knowing too much about sex and then you get bored of it :D

Or for more frivolous stuff, I know I used to sometimes doodle pictures of things that were mentioned in the poems, or indeed pictures of what I would like for dinner. Or doodles of the teacher's head!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭AntiMatter

I saw the newly reprinted version in the bestsellers section of Hodges and Figgis there, last week.

Good luck in your search, OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭E.T.

Just found my old copy in the garage a few weeks ago, all the notes are very academic though - not sure if that's what you're looking for?

Advertisement