Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New TV: Sky No Signal Warning

• 18-12-2010 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hey guys,

So my family bought a new tv today (its a 40" Samsung, if thats of any use) and we have it all set up. We're getting all the terrestrial channels, RTE1-2, TV3, TG4,etc. However, when we try to get the sky box working, we keep getting the "no signal message". We're getting absolutely no channels on Sky digital and while we can scroll through the channels, box office, settings bar, we can't actually view the tv guide.

We rang Sky and they said it may be the snow.

While I believe the guy, I'm just wondering, is there anything else that might be causing it? Also, if someone has a guide to which connections go where, that would be very usefulso we could check in case we have some wires in the worng place.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,762 ✭✭✭meercat

have you tried to get sky on your old tv again .just to see if decoder is picking up signal

check the scart lead for the decoder is pushed home firmly at both ends

also as a test
    turn tv onto a station
    unplug your decoder
    plug your decoder back in
    press decoder standby button on
    turn a satellite station on
    if you have a scart lead connected ,it may switch automatically to correct(av)station

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Hanneman213

meercat wrote: »
    also as a test
    turn tv onto a station
    unplug your decoder
    plug your decoder back in
    press decoder standby button on
    turn a satellite station on
    if you have a scart lead connected ,it may switch automatically to correct(av)station

Thank for all the help meercat. Tried all of your suggestions and still nothing. Gonna try and clear the snow off the dish tomorrow and if that doesnt work, i think the cable guy might be getting a phonecall. Thanks again though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

Do you actually have snow on the dish? Mine was working ok even like this
    139982.JPG

• Advertisement

did you disconnect cables to the decoder when you were fitting new tv

if so,is the cable from dish connected to lnb in(it is a screw in connection on the back of decoder)

NOTE the cable can sometimes easily detach from the connector(check if the centre core of the cable showing through the connector and make sure it connects with the lnb in connection on your decoder)

dont do any of this if you havnt disconnected cables during fitting of new tv

http://www.w-l-t.org/5-TV_Antennas.html (image f connector)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Hanneman213

After some fierce swearing and giving up only to go back at it, I got it working.Turned out it was simply one of the wires in the wrong place.

Cheers for all the help guys.Its greatly appreciated,especially you meercat!

glad you got sorted;)

Advertisement