If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for 37" LCD

Options
  • 18-12-2010 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭

Hello

I'm in Dublin and looking for a 37" LCD that does 1080p and has 100hz refresh rate. I'm looking in particular as 2 panasonic models:

1 - TXL37G20
    2 - TXL37S20B

Could you please give me a price for these two? What are the main features setting them apart?

Could you also please let me know what the procedure is for ordering & delivery, and the chances of getting the TV this side of Christmas?

I was also looking at the Sony KDL-37EX503, any thoughts on this model?

Perhaps you could PM me the details.

Thanks a million.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Boink.

Unfortunately at present, we are not shipping any Panasonic into the South as none of our Panasonic models come with Irish tuners on-board.

The Panasonic that we supply only come with MPEG2 tuners so therefore will not tune any channels in the South.

The Sony model is a very nice TV that is MPEG4 and is currently £646.25.

We also stock the Philips 40PFL5605 which is £549.95 and is a 40" 100Hz LED. We also stock the LG 42LE5900 which is £649.95.

Delivery of any of these models would be £29.95 and we use a courier to despatch. To order, we can be contacted on 0044 333 900 0070 or pm us a contact number and we can call you.

We would not be able to supply any of the above before Christmas due to the weather and the back log at the couriers.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Hi Boink.

Unfortunately at present, we are not shipping any Panasonic into the South as none of our Panasonic models come with Irish tuners on-board.

The Panasonic that we supply only come with MPEG2 tuners so therefore will not tune any channels in the South.

The Sony model is a very nice TV that is MPEG4 and is currently £646.25.

We also stock the Philips 40PFL5605 which is £549.95 and is a 40" 100Hz LED. We also stock the LG 42LE5900 which is £649.95.

Delivery of any of these models would be £29.95 and we use a courier to despatch. To order, we can be contacted on 0044 333 900 0070 or pm us a contact number and we can call you.

We would not be able to supply any of the above before Christmas due to the weather and the back log at the couriers.

ATB

Dave

Hi Dave

Thanks for coming back on my query. Does it matter that I have no interest in the digital tuner in the panasonics, will you not ship at all to the Republic, even if I sign any disclaimer you want?

Best regards

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

Hi,

Please see the notice at the top of the forum about delays - here's a link:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056126555.

If you want to get a speedy reply you should phone the RS shop in Belfast at the number given in the link above.

Cheers,

Ritz

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Dave

Thanks for coming back on my query. Does it matter that I have no interest in the digital tuner in the panasonics, will you not ship at all to the Republic, even if I sign any disclaimer you want?

Best regards

Boink,

At the moment unfortunately we are not shipping any Pana into the ROI - I do understand that you are willing to sign a disclaimer however an issue could arise if you sell the TV on.

As I'm sure you are aware we are not shipping UK sourced Pana's soley for the reason that they are presently not fully compatiable with the new digital service in the ROI.

We are happy to reserve these items in-store for you for collection - again apologies for the inconvenience and pleaase do keep me posted if I can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Boink,

At the moment unfortunately we are not shipping any Pana into the ROI - I do understand that you are willing to sign a disclaimer however an issue could arise if you sell the TV on.

As I'm sure you are aware we are not shipping UK sourced Pana's soley for the reason that they are presently not fully compatiable with the new digital service in the ROI.

We are happy to reserve these items in-store for you for collection - again apologies for the inconvenience and pleaase do keep me posted if I can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John thanks for the reply.

Could i go up to your Belfast shop to collect the panasonic TV, do you have these two currently in stock?

• Advertisement

John thanks for the reply.

Could i go up to your Belfast shop to collect the panasonic TV, do you have these two currently in stock?

Boink,

we have the 37S20 available from stock at the moment (just about!)

The 37G20 is a to order product but we can get it in for you no problem.

Just give us a shout if you would like us to pop your name on any of these,

ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Boink,

we have the 37S20 available from stock at the moment (just about!)

The 37G20 is a to order product but we can get it in for you no problem.

Just give us a shout if you would like us to pop your name on any of these,

ATVB,

John Mc

John

Thank you for the quick response. I'm very interested in the S20 - just a few quick Qs:

- is this price in your Belfast store per the website, £429.95?
    - do you have a fresh one available in stock, which has not been used for display purposes in the shop?
    - when could I come up and collect it (I'm in Dublin)?

Best regards.

John

Thank you for the quick response. I'm very interested in the S20 - just a few quick Qs:

- is this price in your Belfast store per the website, £429.95?
    - do you have a fresh one available in stock, which has not been used for display purposes in the shop?
    - when could I come up and collect it (I'm in Dublin)?

Best regards.

Boink,

we just sold out of the TXL37S20 locally in Belfast yesterday however we do have some stocks in our main Manchester warehouse and yes the local price is currently £429.95.

If you would like to order one just drop me a PM or an email with your contact details and I'll get one of the guys to give you a shout to get you sorted out.

Again I have to state that the Panasonic we supply are UK models and may/will not operate correctly in the ROI either with terrestrial or digital

Best regards,

John Mc

Boink,

we just sold out of the TXL37S20 locally in Belfast yesterday however we do have some stocks in our main Manchester warehouse and yes the local price is currently £429.95.

If you would like to order one just drop me a PM or an email with your contact details and I'll get one of the guys to give you a shout to get you sorted out.

Again I have to state that the Panasonic we supply are UK models and may/will not operate correctly in the ROI either with terrestrial or digital

Best regards,

John Mc

PM sent, thanks John

PM sent, thanks John

John I haven't heard anything since i sent the PM?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭championc

Hey Dave and Gang

The G20B has a Freeview HD Tuner which is a DVB-T2 system. DVB-T2 covers ALL video formats so has perfect display of all the Irish MPEG-4 Channels (including RTE2 HD) and also the MHEG5 Text. A search of the Terrestrial Forum on here will confirm many happy owners (of the G20B ONLY). Hope this helps.

C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 marksteven03

Hello

I'm in Dublin and looking for a 37" LCD that does 1080p and has 100hz refresh rate. I'm looking in particular as 2 panasonic models:

1 - TXL37G20
    2 - TXL37S20B

Could you please give me a price for these two? What are the main features setting them apart?

Could you also please let me know what the procedure is for ordering & delivery, and the chances of getting the TV this side of Christmas?

I was also looking at the Sony KDL-37EX503, any thoughts on this model?

Perhaps you could PM me the details.

Thanks a million.

I bought Panasonic TXL37G20 last week and I can say it is one of the best TV. I bought it online from HiSpek and they gave me express delivery with best price deal too.

Richersounds I haven't heard anything from you so I'm assuming you don't want the business, I'll look elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Boink.

Apologies for the delay with this.

We have been snowed under over Christmas and we haven't been on boards as much as we should have.

We do appreciate that you haven't heard from us. We did order the TV in for you but we do not find out what is coming on our Friday delivery until today. The UK warehouse was out of stock when our order was picked.

Subsequently, they have received them in again today so we can re-order it for next week.

We have placed the order for you, and we do appreciate the business, but unfortunately we couldn't get it for this week.

I have left a voicemail message on your mobile number also.

Please let us know if you would like us to order it for next week or if you would prefer to cancel.

Regards

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.