Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blathnaid Timothy missing in Dublin [NO IDLE CHAT OR SPECULATIVE POSTS]

Options
  • 18-12-2010 9:48pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭

18/12/2010 - 19:51:17
    Gardaí have appealed for help in finding a 33-year-old woman missing from her home in Dublin since Tuesday.

Blathnaid Timothy, from Smith Hall, Camden Street , Dublin 2, is described as being 5’6’’ in height, with medium length dark brown hair.

She is described as thin build with a pale complexion. She is believed to have been wearing a three-quarter length black wool jacket when last seen.

Anyone with information on her whereabouts is asked to contact Harcourt Terrace Garda Station on 01 666 9500.

Read more: http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/gardai-issue-appeal-over-missing-dubling-woman-486235.html#ixzz18Uxwnh2E

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Hope she is found safe & well though. Family & friends must be going through hell at the moment.

Might not be any harm to PM a mod & ask them to post this on top of the first page to bring peoples attention to it in case anyone has seen her or can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Trollhättan

Might not be any harm to PM a mod & ask them to post this on top of the first page to bring peoples attention to it in case anyone has seen her or can help.
    Does anyone know if this can be done????

I just see this article in the Irish Times today:

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2010/1220/1224285916334.html

It contains some additional information.... Blathnaid is believed to have withdrawn money from an ATM on Sir John Rogerson’s Quay in Dublin just before 8pm on Tuesday last (14th).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

I was about to mail a mod about this very topic.

I used to work with Bla. She's a great person.

AH'ers, please, do a favour for me. Hold off on the supposition in the thread, and just focus on getting the word out until we can get her safely back to her family.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Moved to Dublin forum from After Hours.
    PM Maki or another Dublin mod to sticky this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

biko wrote: »
    Moved to Dublin forum from After Hours.
    PM Maki or another Dublin mod to sticky this.

Done. PLus I cleaned up the thread to remove speculative posts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 gfinn2010

Does anyone know if there's anything we can do to help? Knew Blathnaid when I went to school in Glenamaddy - a lovely girl - is there anyone co-ordinating a search? posters? email? Would love to help in any way possible...

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭fergalfrog

Papa Smut wrote: »
    Anyone got a picture?

There's one at http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1218/timothyb.html

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Alan70

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Alan70

Message put on irishtaxidrivers.com

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Trollhättan

Message put on www.irishtaxi.org

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 yoji101

El Stuntman I'm also worked with Blathnaid up till last year.

All of us here are hoping for the best and are helping to get the word out.

All the best to you and yours and hopefully Blathnaid will turn up sound and well.

*crosses everything*

ElStuntman,

I've been in touch with lots of Blathnaid's school friends from the Mercy and also from glan, we could easily organise a group to put posters up, hand out flyers in Dublin and set up a Facebook page etc, if this would be of assistance to the search effort...

Let me know,
    Rgds, ger x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 amandabr

please check out this latest article which gives further details of Blathnaid's movements.
    http://www.examiner.ie/breakingnews/ireland/concern-grows-for-missing-dublin-woman-486412.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 bimbar

The CCTV footage was just shown briefly on the news, the Gardai should make available on youtube and news websites. I hope she turns up safe..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭roy123456789

police video copied and uploaded here: http://irishtaxi.org/?p=2179

I'm afraid its not very good, determining who the driver is from that video would be impossible,I'm surprised they were able to determine the car is a black Mercedes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 vconnolly

Know Blathnaid from Glenamaddy too. Living in Dublin so if there is anything I can do to help in the search for her please give me a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke III

Hi,

this is Glyn Murphy (I also posted the earlier posts here which I am now reposting under my own name as I want to try and tidy up web searches etc). I'm Blathnaid's brother-in-law.

As posted earlier, the main focus at present is on finding the driver of a black Mercedes taxi who picked Blathnaid up on Sir John Rogerson's Quay at exactly 8pm on Tuesday, 14th December. She had just withdrawn money from the ATM of the National Irish Bank branch there.

She was wearing a black woolen 3/4 length coat, a red and black scarf and grey jeans.

If you are a taxi driver or know anyone who is a taxi driver, please ask them to ask around their fellow drivers to see if anyone can identify who picked Blathnaid up. If anyone does have information, please contact the Gardai at Harcourt Terrace, 01 666 9500. You can also PM me - I am deleting the previous posts and tidying them into this one.

Thank you on behalf of Blath's family

From Bláthnaid's brother Breandan:
    Dear Friends, We are looking for help to distribute posters/flyers for info on Blathnaid Timothy. If you or any of your friends in Dublin are free to help we'd appreciate it. We're meeting at the Royal Dublin Hotel on O'Connell Street at 10 am and 5 pm tomorrow Wed Dec 22. For people who cannot attend please print and distribute (i will upload ASAP). Please share with friends.

If anyone's heading in PM me and we'll meet in advance - planning to be there at 10 and 5 all going well.

gfinn2010 wrote: »
    From Bláthnaid's brother Breandan:
    Dear Friends, We are looking for help to distribute posters/flyers for info on Blathnaid Timothy. If you or any of your friends in Dublin are free to help we'd appreciate it. We're meeting at the Royal Dublin Hotel on O'Connell Street at 10 am and 5 pm tomorrow Wed Dec 22. For people who cannot attend please print and distribute (i will upload ASAP). Please share with friends.

If anyone's heading in PM me and we'll meet in advance - planning to be there at 10 and 5 all going well.

Hi gfinn,

on this, we actually already have about a dozen people signed up for leafletting and, due to the snow, we will only have about 1500 leaflets available to give out to taxi drivers.

So, until we have more leaflets (which could be Thursday), we're trying to keep the numbers involved in direct leafletting down, especially with the snow situation. So, please don't turn up tomorrow until you hear differently - we don't want to waste people's time by not having enough leaflets.
    I'm co-ordinating with Brendean on this now too re. Facebook requests.

Thanks,

Glyn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Is there a FACEBOOK page set up yet?.

• Advertisement

Is there a FACEBOOK page set up yet?.

I'm doing this right now, not too adept at Facebook but I will post the link when up

OK, the facebook group is here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 locallag77

Hi , Im a friend of Blathnaids from college - Once fliers/poster is uploaded I can also print some off and drop them into taxi ranks swords/malahide/airport areas.

locallag77 wrote: »
    Hi , Im a friend of Blathnaids from college - Once fliers/poster is uploaded I can also print some off and drop them into taxi ranks swords/malahide/airport areas.

please PM me your email address and I'll send it to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 locallag77

Just sent you my email address on Facebook. thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 deefeeney

hi, my name is Dee Feeney, also from Glan, living in Dublin. There are several people available (Olivia O'Reilly, Veronica Connolly, Johanna Whyte, myself etc) to help if you need us to distribute more flyers. I will be in contact with Ger Finn about this tomorow, but for now I would like to send mine and the Feeney family's support to you all at this time.
    Rgds...D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Galway girlin

Glyn,

I was in school with Blathnaid (and Aoife) and also worked with Blathnaid in KPMG.

Not sure if you saw the discussions between the taxi drivers on taxi.org. There are some interesting comments there in relation to the car. I'm sure the Guards have noticed these things already but just in case they are of any use whatsoever, here they are:

"firstly it looks like the driver had the interior lights on whilst driving and secondly although the footage is not as clear as would be liked it looks to me like an E class, judging by the angle of the door."

"Looks like the left rear brake light lens is maybe broken? Looks like a Skan ATM roofie. Boot a bit short for a Merc? Thinking Passat/Skoda maybe? Looks like it has a sun roof as well."

Good idea to put the leaflets up on the facebook page and then people can print them out themselves and distribute them in their local areas.

Thinking of you and the family,

Florita

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Jacktaxi

Guys we`re doing all we can to trace the taxi. I contacted Harcourt Tce tonight, detectives will be in touch.

http://irishtaxi.org/forum/index.php?topic=10208.0

http://irishtaxi.org/

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=100001321054923

Glyn,

I was in school with Blathnaid (and Aoife) and also worked with Blathnaid in KPMG.

Not sure if you saw the discussions between the taxi drivers on taxi.org. There are some interesting comments there in relation to the car. I'm sure the Guards have noticed these things already but just in case they are of any use whatsoever, here they are:

"firstly it looks like the driver had the interior lights on whilst driving and secondly although the footage is not as clear as would be liked it looks to me like an E class, judging by the angle of the door."

"Looks like the left rear brake light lens is maybe broken? Looks like a Skan ATM roofie. Boot a bit short for a Merc? Thinking Passat/Skoda maybe? Looks like it has a sun roof as well."

Good idea to put the leaflets up on the facebook page and then people can print them out themselves and distribute them in their local areas.

Thinking of you and the family,

Florita

Hi Florita,

on the car situation, they are 99% sure it's a Merc based on other CCTV images (which unfortunately didn't pick up the licence or taxi number).

I'll try and get the leaflets up on Facebook at some stage tonight, I'm technically inept when it comes to FB so I'm asking a friend to help.

Thanks,

Glyn

• Advertisement

Hi Glyn, one easy way of posting a doc to Facebook is to upload to a free file share site like http://www.megaupload.com/, set up a free account, upload the file and then copy the url into Facebook. Tested it earlier and it worked well. I can upload to my account and email you the url if you're ok with my doing so?

I'll be in with extra flyers tomorrow.

Rgds,
    Ger

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement