Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blathnaid Timothy missing in Dublin [NO IDLE CHAT OR SPECULATIVE POSTS]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭meemeep

fingers crossed and best wishes - I have linked the facebook site with her picture. I'm in D18 but I'll put up flyers around this area if you like...I guess until her movements are traced, no where is immune. THinking of you all at this awful time,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke III

gfinn2010 wrote: »
    Hi Glyn, one easy way of posting a doc to Facebook is to upload to a free file share site like http://www.megaupload.com/, set up a free account, upload the file and then copy the url into Facebook. Tested it earlier and it worked well. I can upload to my account and email you the url if you're ok with my doing so?

I'll be in with extra flyers tomorrow.

Rgds,
    Ger

Thanks Ger,

that would be great thanks

Aoife\Ronan will see you tomorrow. If you have any other volunteers, please email them to me - we need a couple more as various people can't get up from the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Guys (the people who's posts I've deleted etc).. Please, please think very carefully before posting in this thread.

Please don't post speculative idea's - PLEASE.

Blathnaid's family and friends here in this thread are more than willing to accept any PM's, but try keep the main body of the thread clear for them to post.

Both they, and me realize you may have the very best of intentions but we'd rather the thread wasn't cluttered with chatter - however please PM the people involved or contact the Gardai if you have anything you think worthwhile.

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Just wanted to mention that I've checked the news sites today I can't find any coverage of this incident on any of the news sites, Blathnaid is missing a week today, the circumstances of her having gone missing appear to be sinister to say the very least and I'm wondering has there been any update with regard to the matter of her disappearance?

I'm a bit taken aback that the search is still for a missing person but one week later, there is no sign of the taxi that she took and very very little coverage in the media???

I hope this does not come across as a person on the internet prying or being nosy, that's not the case at all, it just seems to me that the search for a missing person could have been quietly stood down, such is the lack of coverage in the media...

EDIT: I've used the report button for this post just to have it checked by a mod...

Just wanted to mention that I've checked the news sites today I can't find any coverage of this incident on any of the news sites, Blathnaid is missing a week today, the circumstances of her having gone missing appear to be sinister to say the very least and I'm wondering has there been any update with regard to the matter of her disappearance?

I'm a bit taken aback that the search is still for a missing person but one week later, there is no sign of the taxi that she took and very very little coverage in the media???

I hope this does not come across as a person on the internet prying or being nosy, that's not the case at all, it just seems to me that the search for a missing person could have been quietly down, such is the lack of coverage in the media...

EDIT: I've used the report button for this post just to have it checked by a mod...

not be rude or anything as you are clearly well-meaning but your post contains unfounded speculation and is also inaccurate in relation to the media campaign.

Can you or a Mod please delete?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Bjorn Bored.

forget 99% certain that it is a merc, I am 100% ceertain,that is an Eclass merc. Not only that but is also the newer model that came out around 03.

This would be an expensive car to run as a taxi but nonetheless there are a few of them.

Given these facts I would have thought that it would be relatively straight forward to trace the driver,obviously the car is registered as a taxi.

I would doubt there are more than 50 of these and probably a lot less of those type cars registered as a taxi in Dublin.

I am sure the guards must be following this line of enquiry,but I dont understand why it is taking so long to trace the driver?

Hope the lady turns up safe and well.

forget 99% certain that it is a merc, I am 100% ceertain,that is an Eclass merc. Not only that but is also the newer model that came out around 03.

This would be an expensive car to run as a taxi but nonetheless there are a few of them.

Given these facts I would have thought that it would be relatively straight forward to trace the driver,obviously the car is registered as a taxi.

I would doubt there are more than 50 of these and probably a lot less of those type cars registered as a taxi in Dublin.

I am sure the guards must be following this line of enquiry,but I dont understand why it is taking so long to trace the driver?

Hope the lady turns up safe and well.

Bjorn, I'm sure you understand that I can't comment on the Garda investigation. You're not the first person to make this comment in relation to the make\model however.

Thanks for your post and good wishes.

glynmurphy wrote: »
    not be rude or anything as you are clearly well-meaning but your post contains unfounded speculation and is also inaccurate in relation to the media campaign.

Can you or a Mod please delete?

Sorry, it's a well intentioned and genuine question, I'm just asking for some clarification, people go missing and sometimes get accounted for, if that's the case here, as it is in the vast majority of missing persons cases, I'd just rather be aware of it so I'm not asking friends on Facebook to circulate a link to a page, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Sorry, it's a well intentioned and genuine question, I'm just asking for some clarification, people go missing and sometimes get accounted for, if that's the case here, as it is in the vast majority of missing persons cases, I'd just rather be aware of it so I'm not asking friends on Facebook to circulate a link to a page, etc.

you can be assured that if Blathnaid is found safe and sound then the mods will be informed and we can deal with the thread as appropriate.

In the meantime, please stop posting this type of thing on the thread, thanks.

Des wrote: »
    you can be assured that if Blathnaid is found safe and sound then the mods will be informed and we can deal with the thread as appropriate.

In the meantime, please stop posting this type of thing on the thread, thanks.

That's all the clarification I was looking for, thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Quentinkrisp

Just after posting these all around every shop in dundrum+ballinteer.hope they find her soon:(
    http://www.facebook.com/nicky.hayes1#!/photo.php?fbid=1722298624625&set=a.1208029168210.32725.1453127965

thanks Quentin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

After reading about this story here online, and in the media I remembered I had the number of the owner driver of a black mercedes taxi that I had saved in my phone after getting that taxi in Dublin a few weeks back. The driver was a friendly guy and prefered his number to me in case i wanted to book him anytime again.

So, I called the Gardai and got thru' to Harcourt St who are handling the case. They were very appreciative of the taxi drivers number and details. Hope it helps in any way and that this story turns out ok.

MidlandsM wrote: »
    After reading about this story here online, and in the media I remembered I had the number of the owner driver of a black mercedes taxi that I had saved in my phone after getting that taxi in Dublin a few weeks back. The driver was a friendly guy and prefered his number to me in case i wanted to book him anytime again.

So, I called the Gardai and got thru' to Harcourt St who are handling the case. They were very appreciative of the taxi drivers number and details. Hope it helps in any way and that this story turns out ok.

thanks Midlands, it's awareness and useful tips like this which may well provide the answer to finding this taxi. The Gardai have got several useful bits of information today from the leafletting bitz which focussed on taxis in Dublin today so every little helps.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Suggestion: should this not be stickied on AH? I know it is Dublin related but would get much more views on AH.

I hope she is found safe and sound soon. I can only imagine how distraught all her family and friends are.

I work in a big city centre company and it is on our notice board and everyone is talking about her.

Please god she will be found soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 victor anthony

Hi,

Does Blathnaid have a mobile phone ?.

If she does the Guardai could contact her mobile phone service provider and get a listing of all base stations her phone has registered with since she went missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

News of her disappearance seems to be spreading on Facebook and Twitter like wildfire.

Wonder will it make a difference!??

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Mike_Eile

Hi,

It would be no harm to contact the Late Late Show. It's on this Friday at 9.50pm and you can be sure that they will have 1million + viewers. I'm sure they wouldn't have an issue appealing for help.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Mike_Eile wrote: »
    Hi,

It would be no harm to contact the Late Late Show. It's on this Friday at 9.50pm and you can be sure that they will have 1million + viewers. I'm sure they wouldn't have an issue appealing for help.

Best of luck.

Good suggestion but unfortunately the Xmas eve episode of the LLS has been pre-recorded already...

thanks for these thoughts re. the media above; Aoife is actually on Pat Kenny this morning so that's another huge audience. Tubridy yesterday as well.

Newstalk have also been excellent in terms of rebroadcasting.

• Advertisement

Hi,

Does Blathnaid have a mobile phone ?.

If she does the Guardai could contact her mobile phone service provider and get a listing of all base stations her phone has registered with since she went missing.

she doesn't have it with her victor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lileeny

Apologies if this has already been done but have you emailed the local hotels like the Maldron hotel on Cardiff lane and also the restaurants down near Grand Canal Dock - like Milano, the Ely, Ocean Bar - staff may have been starting or finishing shifts around 8pm and may have seen Blathnaid or she may have used the bathrooms there etc. There are more restaurants down there too. They might also put up the flyer for you?

Also, for the hotels, there may have been Christmas parties that night so the taxi may have been dropping people off at the hotels or restaurants locally - if they had corporate dinners they may have a contact that you could email at those companies to ask them to send around the flyer and enquire if anyone had got a dark merc to the party. It's an odd part of town for a cab to just be floating around and it maybe that they were after dropping someone off down there. Corporate types are more likely to keep receipts as well so they may have a cab number.

I know you mentioned in an earlier post that you were trying to find any details of where Blathnaid may have been during the day (between 10 and 8pm I think you said?). The Christmas Market was on down at the O2 that day, I believe which wouldn't be that far from where she was last seen (although the other side of the river but the bridges make it accessible). I expect there is lots of CCTV down there at the venue and the approaches.

Best of luck!

lileeny wrote: »
    Apologies if this has already been done but have you emailed the local hotels like the Maldron hotel on Cardiff lane and also the restaurants down near Grand Canal Dock - like Milano, the Ely, Ocean Bar - staff may have been starting or finishing shifts around 8pm and may have seen Blathnaid or she may have used the bathrooms there etc. There are more restaurants down there too. They might also put up the flyer for you?

Also, for the hotels, there may have been Christmas parties that night so the taxi may have been dropping people off at the hotels or restaurants locally - if they had corporate dinners they may have a contact that you could email at those companies to ask them to send around the flyer and enquire if anyone had got a dark merc to the party. It's an odd part of town for a cab to just be floating around and it maybe that they were after dropping someone off down there. Corporate types are more likely to keep receipts as well so they may have a cab number.

I know you mentioned in an earlier post that you were trying to find any details of where Blathnaid may have been during the day (between 10 and 8pm I think you said?). The Christmas Market was on down at the O2 that day, I believe which wouldn't be that far from where she was last seen (although the other side of the river but the bridges make it accessible). I expect there is lots of CCTV down there at the venue and the approaches.

Best of luck!

Hi lileeny, all good suggestions and, without disclosing any information from the investigation, you can be assured that the Gardai have already looked at all these things.

the only focus for us as a family right now is finding this taxi and discovering where it dropped Blathnaid. That is the sole priority. Once that is done, we're a step closer to finding her.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Glyn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Hi Glyn,just wanted to wish you and all your family the best and our thoughts and prayers are with yous at this very hard time.Praying for her safe return home.

Love Tam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

Thinking of all of the family at this painful time. Every news station i turn on seems to be doing their best to raise awareness, the whole country is praying for you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭kajo

Video Clip on this taxi web forum

http://s1.zetaboards.com/C_Irish_Taxi_Drivers/index/

and here

http://www.taximan.ie/forum/

and here

http://taxieire.lefora.com/2010/12/24/appeal-for-help-to-find-missing-woman/

I think its on most taxi forums the more that look at them the more chance of finding her.

Video clip is black and white how do they know what colour the car is?

Anyways keep your eyes open and why not just say it to any taxi driver you see driving a merc..... can't hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭seniorolaighin

**Edited**

Read the thread and the request for a lack of chatter please - Mod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

did she usually bring her phone with her or often leave it at home?
    how much did she take from the atm?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭Sungodbr

Is there any update on this guys?

• Advertisement

mink_man wrote: »
    did she usually bring her phone with her or often leave it at home?
    how much did she take from the atm?

mink man, she always brought her phone with her

the withdrawal was for 60 euro

all of these facts are already out there

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement