Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nuvi 1310 and poi

Options
  • 18-12-2010 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

hi guys,i need a little help with my new gadget,its a garmin nuvi 1310 which i got in argos today,its my first gps and this model is fairly intuitive,i tried it out on the way home and it was spot on,im having a problem trying to load the POI's,im getting two error messages which go as follows(there are no data files in that
    directory,please specify a
    directory that contains at least
    one file with a .csv or .gpx
    extension) and (the path name you have entered in not a directory,please specify the directory where your poi files are located)i cant proceed with the poi downloads until i sort this out,and on another note,i tried to enter brittas dublin as my desination while trying to familiarize myself with the unit but the unit would not recognise brittas dublin but would find about five different brittas's,a brother of mine has a navman gps and last week he needed to get to an adress in brittas dublin but his unit had no brittas for the dublin area,i might be a bit naive but i had thought that every address in the country would be covered,if anyone has any thoughts on the matter i could do with the help,regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭minterno

I sorted this issue by downloading poi to a temp folder on my desktop and then dropped the folder into the garmin directory,the folder was missing from the garmin directory and for some reason the pathway could not be found,i then went through the process of downloading the poi's again and the poi's were saved to the right folder,regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

minterno wrote: »
    last week he needed to get to an adress in brittas dublin

You'll find problems like this crop up and are annoying. As are IRISH names in system, despite one knowing them in English ~ now this one is a severe main in the ......

Sometimes it won't locate a place by name. Then it may offer it as a destination in a different search. Maddening too, if it's there why could it not find it? [I suppose an index is missing in the database?]

TBH, I'm finding Google superior and I supplement my SatNav with my iPhone [or laptop].

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭minterno

thanks for the reply,yes i have noticed that the nuvi cant find areas local to me but the same places can be found under some poi's,its a great device but in this day and age i think all available data should be on the maps, also i noticed if the shortest route is enabled it takes about 30pc longer to get to your destination?,regards

Advertisement