Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

High heels...........

• 18-12-2010 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭

My girlfriend never wears them, she reckons she sprained her ankle years ago as a result of wearing them and doesn't anymore. The thing is the shoes she wears don't suit her at all and I think she'd look even better if she at least tried them even the odd time. Any suggestions as to how to encourage her to wear them without the assistance of a zimmer frame?

Comments

ffs dude, she doesn't WANT to wear the fecking things :) You seem a right t0sser btw :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

What do you mean by "she recons she sprained her ankle"? Either she did or didn't :pac:

Get her to try wedge heals, they are the most comportable high heels.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭immature ejaculation

Show her how good yours look on you and tell her ye could wear matching shoes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

You came to the right place OP.

1. Burn her house down
    2. Ride her best friend
    If neither work just dump the bitch, nobody wants to date a girl that won't wear heels in bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Buy her a pair and guilt trip her into wearing them...:)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Ali Babba wrote: »
    My girlfriend never wears them, she reckons she sprained her ankle years ago as a result of wearing them and doesn't anymore. The thing is the shoes she wears don't suit her at all and I think she'd look even better if she at least tried them even the odd time. Any suggestions as to how to encourage her to wear them without the assistance of a zimmer frame?

don't encourage her,order her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

hold her hand while she wears them?

It stops her from falling over and also gets you bonus points for being all soppy and romantic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

womans legs look fat and horrible in flat soles

DSC02408.JPG

compared to

sexy-legs-b.jpg

No brainer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

[QUOTE=gsxr1;69631387

sexy-legs-b.jpg

No brainer.[/QUOTE]

wow! look at those wooden doors!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Ali Babba

RoverJames wrote: »
    ffs dude, she doesn't WANT to wear the fecking things :) You seem a right t0sser btw :pac:

You wouldn't understand, you have to have a girlfriend in the first place to understand these things........;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

You wouldn't understand, you have to have a girlfriend in the first place to understand these things........;)

JERRY JERRY JERRY JERRY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

well I could maybe understand that you'd want your girlfriend to look her best, but I have to say I'd be inclined to tell you to shove some heels up your arse if you like them so much, if my boyfriend asked that. Hypothetically of course. :D

I recently broke my ankle and when it's healed and I can walk again I won't be wearing high heals. It'll be hard to find shoes acceptable to wear on a night out that aren't heels but I couldn't give a shit if people are going to think something of me cause of it. I mean all I know is I'm doing what I can to make sure it doesn't happen again. which is probably what your girlfriend is thinking.

What's that phrase? Something about walking a mile in shoes.......You know how it's supposed to convey how tough something is...........Agh, it's on the tip of my fingers.............

Well anyway, it's relevant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

They are fcuking agony to wear and they destroy your feet and back long term. Bunions arent sexy.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Bunions arent sexy.

Give it time, they'll be back in fashion again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

They are fcuking agony to wear and they destroy your feet and back long term. Bunions arent sexy.

so they'd be covered up by the highheels

please your man woman!!

well I could maybe understand that you'd want your girlfriend to look her best, but I have to say I'd be inclined to tell you to shove some heels up your arse if you like them so much, if my boyfriend asked that. Hypothetically of course. :D

I recently broke my ankle and when it's healed and I can walk again I won't be wearing high heals. It'll be hard to find shoes acceptable to wear on a night out that aren't heels but I couldn't give a shit if people are going to think something of me cause of it. I mean all I know is I'm doing what I can to make sure it doesn't happen again. which is probably what your girlfriend is thinking.

Fair point, but just because you sprained once doesn't mean it will happen again. I sprained my ankle a few times playing sports (not wearing high heels I might add) but that doesn't mean I wouldn't play sports again.

It's not like she has to wear them all the time, just now and again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Fair point, but just because you sprained once doesn't mean it will happen again. I sprained my ankle a few times playing sports (not wearing high heels I might add) but that doesn't mean I wouldn't play sports again.

Hmmm fair enough. I see what you're saying. but you can't make her change her mind.

uh uhhh, oh no you di'in! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Nearly all the girls I hang around with wear them out, disappear into the jacks, then return with flats, ffs just wear them in the first place. Nothing more annoying then being hindered in the dash for the taxi by a girl in daft shoes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Does she have to wear them at all? They are absolute agony! I cannot wear them, unless all I have to do is sit. I literally can't walk more than 10 steps in them. I wonder if it's becuase I have really small feet (size 3) and this means that they are at a sharper angle in heels than most?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭starlit

There is nothing wrong with a girl who doesn’t wear high heels! Now if she doesn’t want to wear them so be it! I only ever wear them the odd time. It’s usually kitten heels I wear cause they are easier to walk in and are nice! A 3-4 Inch heel would be as high as I would go otherwise my feet get sore and I barely be able to walk! Maybe ask your gf to wear a kitten heel or wear heels that aren’t too high like. If it’s a 5 incher then you can forget it she won’t wear it! Be nice about it at least. Just ask her to wear them to a wedding or a night out or something where she might not have to do much walking!? It’s the only way she might wear them!

Just get her to wear them in bed for sex.

With stockings. immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

maybe if you aim for a mid-high heel and then built up the confidence? Not too high at the start (there's nothing more unattractive than a woman who cannot walk in her heels, traipsing unbalancedly around the place...), and see if that gets ya anywhere?

Also, it would help if you PAY for her shoes - I am sure she could be coaxed into getting a nice pair or two if you foot the bill...:D

On the other hand - careful what ye ask for....since you never know when the tables could be turned - she might really like to see you in a mankini, or develops a taste for long hair, or worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

There is nothing wrong with a girl who doesn’t wear high heels! Now if she doesn’t want to wear them so be it! I only ever wear them the odd time. It’s usually kitten heels I wear cause they are easier to walk in and are nice!

Oh suuuuure, maybe nice for you but how many poor kittens deaths are you responsible for?!

You should change your user-name to "ihateinnocentbabyanimalssoido285"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

High heels are pretty much the preserve of petite women with dainty feet.

Anyone over 5'5 or with feet bigger than size 5 should steer well clear of them as they end up looking too tall, bigfooted and frankly drag-queen-like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I spend a lot of time looking at wimmenz in high heels. I work in a hotel, and am usually around for weddings, I'm not some kind of pervert (:pac:)

There's nothing as unsexy as a gorgeous women, in a sexy dress, with a killer pair of heels, and she doesn't know how to walk in them. All you hear is the clump, clump, clump across the marble, and when you look at her from behind, you see the side of the shoes are broken, and the heel is abnormally worn.

FFS, if you can't do it properly, don't do it. I'm too skinny to wear wifebeater vests. So you know what I do? I don't wear them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Anyone over 5'5 or with feet bigger than size 5 should steer well clear of them as they end up looking too tall, bigfooted and frankly drag-queen-like.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I do not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

if she doesn't like Manolos or Jimmy Choos, I'd be very suspicious. Is she a robot?

• Advertisement

That's bolix. My Mrs is 6 foot in her bare feet, and looks great in heels. There's a pair of (stunning) twins here in work, that are both easily 5'11", and they are amazing in heels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭starlit

TheZohan wrote: »
    Oh suuuuure, maybe nice for you but how many poor kittens deaths are you responsible for?!

You should change your user-name to "ihateinnocentbabyanimalssoido285"

What? I don't wear animal kitten heels! Kitten heels are heels that are 1-2 inches roughly! Ya have small narrow feet, size 3 so heels be ideal but often wear boots or just pumps/flats when heading out!

That's bolix. My Mrs is 6 foot in her bare feet, and looks great in heels. There's a pair of (stunning) twins here in work, that are both easily 5'11", and they are amazing in heels.

fml :o

Absurdum wrote: »
    fml :o

:D

Is it possible for one gorgeous twin to be betterlooking than her identical gorgeous twin?

:D

Is it possible for one gorgeous twin to be betterlooking than her identical gorgeous twin?

depends which one talks less

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

No. Clump, clump, clump. I'm taller than 5'5 myself and thusly will not wear them. They are rotton on tall girls. Unfeminine and clumpy and rotton.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

i can't get heels to fit me :( damn my huge feet, plus my oh is a few inches shorter than me

gsxr1 wrote: »
    sexy-legs-b.jpg

No brainer.

More photos please.................:D

No. Clump, clump, clump. I'm taller than 5'5 myself and thusly will not wear them. They are rotton on tall girls. Unfeminine and clumpy and rotton.

I still disagree.

There are bitty wimmenz that heel look ridiculous on though, like they're playing dress up.

There are roundy wimmenz that shouldn't wear heel because of the stress they put on balls of their feet.

There are tall wimmenz that suit heels, and even with larger feet still seem to have dainty little(looking) feets.

Depends on the women, really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Do you have a shoe fetish?

orourkeda wrote: »
    Do you have a shoe fetish?

Maybe............

• Advertisement

More photos please.................:D

http://www.susanwaylandblog.com/So-sexy-beautiful-legs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

That's the way with anyone who can't walk in heels - tall or short.

I'm over 6 foot in heels and only wear ones I can walk in. And I think I look pretty well in them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Jeez, what a bitch, not wearing what you want her to. Who does she think she is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

^^ " She puts the lotion in the basket,"

Novella wrote: »
    Jeez, what a bitch, not wearing what you want her to. Who does she think she is?

I'm getting a bit tired of her tbh, think i'll have a look around for a new model on Monday...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

**** high heels, they're torture devices. Can't walk in them and they look silly on me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Would you not buy her a really nice pair and ask her to wear them around the house maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Shoes can have decent enough heel without being agonisingly high, the latter of which are just not wearable for some women.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Scarydoll

I'm getting a bit tired of her tbh, think i'll have a look around for a new model on Monday...........

Wow you sound quite the catch. You're girlfriend is one lucky lady:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Monday might not be a great day - new year maybe?

• Advertisement
Advertisement