Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laughing while asleep

• 18-12-2010 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

Has this happened to anyone before? In my dream last night someone said something funny and I bust out laughing and nearly choked when I woke up. Couldnt get back to sleep then because I just kept laughing. Was so wierd!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

m.j.w wrote: »
    Has this happened to anyone before? In my dream last night someone said something funny and I bust out laughing and nearly choked when I woke up. Couldnt get back to sleep then because I just kept laughing. Was so wierd!
    all the friggin time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

thats odd, what would you even call that? A nightlol?

thats odd, what would you even call that? A nightlol?

i call it unconcious rofl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Yes a few times. When you wake up you wonder what you were laughing at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Yup.

I try to sing too, but it sounds like a dying animal and wakes me up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

I got this thingy on my iphone that started recording me everytime it heard noise while i slept and when i listened back the next morning i had spent a good 10 minutes singing a Take That song :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

pmcmahon wrote: »
    i call it unconcious rofl
    Are you homeless, do you mean ROBL? Rolling on the bed laughing:p

Plug wrote: »
    Are you homeless, do you mean ROBL? Rolling on the bed laughing:p
    Maybe he laughed so hard he fell out of the bed.

KeithM89 wrote: »
    I got this thingy on my iphone that started recording me everytime it heard noise while i slept and when i listened back the next morning i had spent a good 10 minutes singing a Take That song :(
    What a nightmare!

at least it wasn't unchained melody or careless whisper :(

• Advertisement

Don't worry it could have been worse if you sang a boyzone song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Don't worry it could have been worse if you sang a boyzone song.

I do that when im not asleep.... :D

I do that when im not asleep.... :D
    :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Happened to me last night.
    I can't remember what the dream was about, but I do remember waking up at 7 this morning and consciously knowing that I had been laughing in my sleep.

It's enjoyable.
    Also, I had wood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Rockery Woman

Apparently, according to my husband I said "F**k off Sebastian" in my sleep on Thursday night.....

..... his name isnt Sebastian by the way....:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I did so once a few years ago but luckily not now! Have sleep-walked and cried/talked in my sleep the odd time but that's going back a few years. I tend to just breath very heavy....:o

Apparently, according to my husband I said "F**k off Sebastian" in my sleep on Thursday night.....

..... his name isnt Sebastian by the way....:eek:
    Coulda been worse. Coulda been "Come here, Sebastian" in your best come hither tone...

You really shouldn't read "Brideshead Revisited" in bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Yeah, I was sharing a bed with my friend the other week when the snow was bad and she laughed in her sleep. She did warn me before hand.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I've done it also. Feels good when you wake up. Can't remember did I have wood. May not be connected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

If I read the Cool Vids forum before going to bed, I frequently have nightmares about The Recliner chasing me and shouting "It's been posted before!" and "Don't quote images!". He's really scary.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

This happens to me a lot. My OH has woken me a few times to ask what on earth is so funny. I wake up with no memory of why I was laughing but with tears running down my cheeks and a sore belly from laughing so much!

It's much much nicer than waking up from a nightmare, I must really be enjoying the dream if I'm laughing so much. My mother once recorded me in absolute hysterics when I was fast asleep as a child, she said it was the most bizarre and giggle-inducing thing she's ever seen :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭Goldenegg

Yep! I seem to manage to do pretty mad stuff in my sleep! I love the laughing in your sleep, it beats crying in your sleep which happens a good bit!

I talk a good bit too so much so that my sister used to get all the gossip out of me when we shared a room together!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

Nah the only dreams that wake me up are nightmares that I'm screaming my head off in.

Advertisement