Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good reasons to move house V stay put

• 18-12-2010 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

As a matter of intrest what would be good reasons to move house or from area where you live or what would be good reasons to stay? Also if you own your home
    I realise age, employment,family, friends,etc. would have to be taken into consideration. But just curious what others think.Something which have been on my mind for some time What issues do I need to consider most? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

If you have a tracker mortgage, then moving will mean you will likely lose it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Age, employment, family, friends, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Fire.
    Actually, contrary to popular belief, it is easier to move a house when it's not on fire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I'd move house if V stayed put.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Money. Or lack of it,depending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Depends on if you own your home, how old you are, work status, family, friends, hurricane seasons, cost of petrol, cost of diesel, amenities, probation restrictions, whether your OH will wear those slutty high heels, whether your OH will hold your hand or if not just how emotionally damaged she is, is it a choice between two towns in Louth, whether you'll be able to laugh in your sleep, will you be prepared to lie like Lenihan to sell up, has income tax been abolished, will foreigners be speaking in their native tongue in the local shops and if that annoys you...tons of stuff....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭strokemyclover

Eh, if not happy with the house itself or the area I reckon

If the nearest job was 100s of miles away it might make sense to move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

TheZohan wrote: »
    Depends on if you own your home, how old you are, work status, family, friends, hurricane seasons, cost of petrol, cost of diesel, amenities, probation restrictions, whether your OH will wear those slutty high heels, whether your OH will hold your hand or if not just how emotionally damaged she is, is it a choice between two towns in Louth, whether you'll be able to laugh in your sleep, will you be prepared to lie like Lenihan to sell up, has income tax been abolished, will foreigners be speaking in their native tongue in the local shops and if that annoys you...tons of stuff....

Moral: The ability to click past the first page in AH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

It's very simple, ask yourself if moving will get you more sex?

If yes; move. If no; stay put.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

good reason to move house...

...can't afford the mortgage and take out an incredibly huge loan, regardless of the advice of yer nearest and dearest...

i've never heard that going wrong for anyone...

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭woolyhat

Eh, if not happy with the house itself or the area I reckon

Thanks for all replys. The house is too big, there is no onely myself in the house family flown the nest. I'm well I'm past 45:( No neighbours and I like friendly neighbours.

Advertisement