Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valdoxan ?

Options
  • 18-12-2010 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭

Anyone have experience with these ?

My symptoms were bad insomnia, fatigue and anxiety/palpitations i hadnt slept for nearly a week but i wasnt depressed as far as i was aware

I thought i was being prescribed something for anxiety im not really sure if i want to take an anti depressent :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

I dont have any experience of this drug but you should be aware that sometimes anti depressants are used to treat anxiety as they have anxiolytic properties sometimes. So, you may not be depressed but anti-depressants might help with anxiety. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭GHOST MGG2

im sure the valdoxan were prescribed more so for the bad insomnia..as the valdoxan settles the sleep patterns hence why you take it before going to bed.I ve been on 50mg of valdoxan for about 4 months now and am still not convinced if its the "wonderdrug" they say it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 pac20

I was prescribed this yesterday from my doctor who said its 'the best anti-depressant around - everybody loves it!' - is it really that good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭alias141282

I'm starting it next week. Fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

guys i took it for 1 night, had bad tummy pains with it, long story short but i wasnt depressed i was suffering from anexity

Doing cbt at the minute finding it very tough little or no sleep but at least i know the monster im fighting

Ill just say make sure your properly depressed before taking meds, i thought i was depressed severe anexity can be treated without meds, symptoms are very similar to depression

good luck guys

• Advertisement

Best of luck to you, hope it works. Cypramil, cymbalta and lexapro did nothin but make me sick.

And thanks, yeah that is somethin which my doctor said to me last year about the anxiety being similar to depression as I get periods of both. It's hard to know sometimes but I'd like to think he knows me enough by now to tell which it is but sure i'll give it a go! I always like to try and fix things without medication as much as possible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

pac20 wrote: »
    Best of luck to you, hope it works. Cypramil, cymbalta and lexapro did nothin but make me sick.

And thanks, yeah that is somethin which my doctor said to me last year about the anxiety being similar to depression as I get periods of both. It's hard to know sometimes but I'd like to think he knows me enough by now to tell which it is but sure i'll give it a go! I always like to try and fix things without medication as much as possible!

good luck pal

'good luck pal'

thank you, same to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

luckyfrank wrote: »
    Ill just say make sure your properly depressed before taking meds, i thought i was depressed severe anexity can be treated without meds, symptoms are very similar to depression

sometimes confusion can arise when people with anxiety are prescribed anti-depressants. most anti-depressants are also used to treat anxiety disorders, even if the person doesnt have depression.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 R_a_u_l

Been on this for 5 weeks now and suffering frequent bouts of pins and needles in hands and feet - anyone else encounter this?

• Advertisement

That's really weird, I have had pins and needles since this morning with no let up in my arm and feet but able to shake the foot ones off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

note: anyone experiencing new onset symptoms needs to discuss them with a doctor. dont assume they are harmless side-effects of a drug

Advertisement