Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Bins collected today?

Options
  • 18-12-2010 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭

I noticed this morning that many of my neighbours were putting out their green bins despite the regular calendar showing that Monday was the next collection date. I checked the greenbin.ie website, and apparently the Dec 27th collection was moved to today (no mention that the Monday collection was altered).

So I put ours out - but it seems like they've not been collected at all? Or did we on my road just put ours out too late? Anyone see a collection at all today?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭gabsdot40

The green bins have been out for about 2 weeks in our estate and still haven't been collected
    So glad I changed to Panda

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭cscook

Ours collected 20th as per schedule. I'm not sure if they were collected the previous fortnight in the snow then, as ours wasn't out that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

gabsdot40 wrote: »
    The green bins have been out for about 2 weeks in our estate and still haven't been collected
    So glad I changed to Panda

going to change to Panda heard great reviews about them no matter what the weather they still come. Plus they are cheaper ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

I saw private collectors out today, no sign of green bins being collected.

ours was just collected,,, still going to go with Panda

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

No collection in mountview either even though they collected the bins on the shelerin road. The excuse is down to the weather which is a crock of you know what as both Panda and the fingal bin lorry came into the estate with no bother. They have some cheek on the web site , they say they will ATTEMPT to empty your bins but if they cant they will when the weather improves :mad:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

They did come into some estates but where there were too many parked cars and not enough room to manoeuvre down certain roads they skipped them.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Ive just been onto greyhound there and was told they wont be collecting the bins until the 28/29 December. I was fuming as our bin is overflowing as it hasnt been collected in a month. She said to put recycling stuff in white refuse bags and leave them beside the bin and they will take them also

Same here, was told the same. it will be 6 weeks since the last empty. Like i said Panda and Fingal bin lorrys had no bother.

They wont be around in the next 24 hours going by the update on their site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

I've just seen Greyhound collecting Green Bins in St Mochtas. First time ever seen them collecting at night time.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

ive been keeping an eye on this thread for the last few days as our green bin hasnt been collected in almost 6 weeks now with all the snow etc.

anyway we are in deerhaven,clonee as i was on my way out today i saw the greyhound lorry in the estate collecting green bins at about 1pm.it was having a tough time gettin in through all the cars parked all over the place but they were attempting it anyway.im glad now i left my bin out where it was, as alot of the neighbours pulled theirs back in over the last few days after having them out for the last 2 weeks in the snow!

im wondering now if they will still be collecting next wednesday as that is the next secheduled collection date?anyone any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Zaph wrote: »
    So much for Greyhound adding extra collections this week, they obviously forgot Hartstown. The next collection is due next Tuesday, I suppose I'll just leave the bin out there until then.

We are in the same situation Zaph, going to go to panda at the end of the month

All we got on the phone was " Leave the bin out it will be collected either today or tomorrow " They havent bothered with the extra pick ups just stuck to the normal rosta. Some areas have been collected twice and its over 6 weeks since we got ours emptied. I knew what they were up to so ive kept the bin at the back and just checked the updates on the off chance but you can imagine the mess from the bins of those that just left them out.

no snow, no ice etccc. NO green bin pick yet ??? they are never this late

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Depends on where you are, with some areas not getting pick ups the trucks are having to return and empty and then get back on the roads. Ours were picked up 20 mins ago.

Ours went at 5.30

Still no pick up. Poor poor service.:mad:

scrap that, bins were emptied at ten past ten ;)

10:30pm, just as we went to bed, had brought in the bin from the road and had to rush down the stairs lol... well at least they came BUT :(
    still going to go with Panda,,,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Our was collected after 6 yesterday usually they take them at 8.30. Extremely disgusted with the service and ive my letter of complaint ready for fingal and greyhound. The staff working in greyhound were just saying the same thing either today or tommorrow. I was with panda previously but they werent collecting our bins claiming we never paid when they were taking the money out of my account all the time. All useless!

Fingal bill in today, phoned and changing to panda!

brightkane wrote: »

mine too, got till 1st Feb, but will phone towards end of the month to switch

brightkane wrote: »

I was going to change as well but its direct debit and you could be charged for a lift of the black bin even though you hadnt put it out for collection. I know its cheaper but i hate direct debit.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

you could be charged for a lift of the black bin even though you hadnt put it out for collection

I thought they charged per lift like Fingal CC, except cheaper?

I would have thought so as well but do they scan a barcode on your bin before they empty it to register the collection. The post made by Blondie7 above would be one of the reasons that put me off direct debits.

I would have thought so as well but do they scan a barcode on your bin before they empty it to register the collection. The post made by Blondie7 above would be one of the reasons that put me off direct debits.

if you look into Panda website they have many ways of payment not just direct debit, (which i think many dont like either)..

on Panda home page the have an offer 4 free lifts
    when you switch

BUT ... (DLRD) only ???????????? what ever that means

When i signed up yesteday i asked him how do i pay for the lifts.

He said there is a chip in the bin and its scanned by the truck per lift. And every 2 months they send you out a bill to pay with the lifts on it.

no mention of DD nor did I have to give bank details for it.

• Advertisement

Also is there a place to get bio degradeable bin liners for the brown bin?

Advertisement