Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French Oral Documents

• 18-12-2010 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what are people doing? I did smoking last year and I've said to my teacher that I think I'll change to a French film- but is that too boring? Has anyone got any ideas about what I can do? I really don't want to take in holiday photos, sports team photos, Oxegen photos etc. if I can really help it because a lot of people in my class are doing this already.

I'd really like to go for the A1... and I was thinking about something I'd be interested in, applied to French culture? Like the health care system and its history or something? I figure that would lead nicely into comparisons with Ireland and how I'd like to do medicine/something in healthcare after school. Has anyone any ideas? I'm really stuck for ideas and I need to get it started over Christmas holidays.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

you don't have to do the document if you don't want to. although a lot of teachers do insist on it. But if you're going for the A1 you should have a good enough store of vocab and flair to be able to do without it. if my teacher insists on us preparing one i think i'll do something on french current affairs or use an article i have about the french education system to compare it to ours and the pros and cons. maybe just find something current that interests you in the news and try and find a french article about it

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

Our teacher's making us do it- but I think I would anyway, I think it's a great benefit to have a few minutes on a guaranteed topic..

I was thinking of doing something like yourself- but I wonder if I would be better doing something completely obscure (anticipating possible questions on it of course from the examiner) because things like the recession, health, employment, what I want to do after school will come up anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Patriciamc93

I think it is well worth it its gauranteed weather it be 2 mins or 5 mins....... but do something different, my document is a picture of a boy i took while i was in calcutta......... I can bring poverty and traveling and other stuff in to it.

Like if you like sports bring in an article from a french paper on a sports star or something.
    If you like music bring in a sheet of music to french words....
    If you like reading then do something like tear a page out of a french book.
    If you like films then do a french film as you said.....

Just make sure its in french and you will be grand!

Advertisement