Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

gradient on my screen

• 19-12-2010 12:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭

I came home from work today and there is a gradient on the right side of my screen,

It's going to black,, but it doesn't totally block out the side,, Its transparent...But it wasnt there yesterday

I tried to take a screen shot but when i paste it into Photoshop it doesnt appear !!!

does anyone know what i can do to fix this ?

I'm running Windows 7 it that matters.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Take a picture with your phone.

Would someone have messed with the monitors actual settings on the bottom of the monitor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

This is the best i could do (see attached)

Someone could have changed the settings but not sure what settings or where these settings are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

Try a lower resolution, 1024 x768, or f8 ,safe mode vga mode, or go to monitor menu, reset to factory settings.OR try set pc grahics card to 60mhz refresh rate.

it's a laptop .. does that matter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,573 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

it could be a hardware issue, maybe the inverter is on its way out
    if you can try and hook it up to an external monitor and hit fn and usually F8 or whatever the external screen button is on your laptop

• Advertisement

I'll try that later.

This is a new laptop... Top of the range from my G/F's college cost alot of money so i dont think anything would be on the way out !! at least I hope not !! i hook it up to a monitor tonight ... It it doesn't appear on the (second/added) monitor what does that mean.. and then again if it does appear on the monitor what does that mean ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Looks like inverter is faulty, if in warranty send it back

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,573 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

it should appear either way but if there are no problems on the external monitor then it is most likely the screen and more specifically the inverter
    if the problem appears on the ext. monitor then it could be your gfx card on the motherboard and that will have to be replaced
    what gfx is on it, does it mention Nvidia anywhere?
    from what you say about the problem not appearing in pshop it sounds like the inverter could be the culprit and so needs to go back under warranty

The laptop is a HP EliteBook Mobile Workstation 8530w -- not cheap
    It has Nvidia quadro

Edit: I've not had a chance to test anything as i'm not at home yet

Advertisement