Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Well, I'm definitely confused!

• 19-12-2010 12:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭

I'm 22. I've been on JSA since June. I get €196 p/w. Will my rate be cut to €144 (I'm not sure of the exact amount) or is that just for new applicants?

I wonder because I'm currently trying to move out of home. I live in the middle of nowhere and I don't drive so I have to move. I've been looking for work placements through FÁS and have had a few interviews and have a few more coming up in January, but as of yet, I've not been accepted to any of them.

Secondly, I'm wondering if I am entitled to get Rent Allowance. Do you have to be living somewhere six months before you can apply for it?

Thirdly, how does one go about transferring one's social welfare payments if one is moving? Does it take a long time and is it very complicated?

I've been Googling all night trying to find out the answers but I've been quite unsuccessful. If you can help me out I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks very much! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I'm 22. I've been on JSA since June. I get €196 p/w. Will my rate be cut to €144 (I'm not sure of the exact amount) or is that just for new applicants?
    I suspect its new applicants, but you'll need to check.
    I wonder because I'm currently trying to move out of home. I live in the middle of nowhere and I don't drive so I have to move.
    "Have to" or "want to"?
    I've been looking for work placements through FÁS and have had a few interviews and have a few more coming up in January, but as of yet, I've not been accepted to any of them.
    A slightly different situation - you will be paid a training allowance. If that isn't enough, you can talk toth e Community Welfare Officer about rent allowance.
    Secondly, I'm wondering if I am entitled to get Rent Allowance. Do you have to be living somewhere six months before you can apply for it?
    Generally rent allowance is for people in need, that doesn't seem to apply to your case.
    Thirdly, how does one go about transferring one's social welfare payments if one is moving? Does it take a long time and is it very complicated?
    I think go in to the SW office and arrange a transfer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭masherella88

Thanks.

To get a work placement doing what I qualified in at University, then yes, I'll have to move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

to get rent allowance you must be on the council list or be regarded as homeless .

Advertisement