Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dog trying to steal my beer

• 19-12-2010 1:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭

Anyone else with a pet that has a fondness for beer?

My dog keeps licking the beer bottle & has tried to knock it over so the beer will spill out :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

My sister's Yorkshire terrier used to drink my mothers gin alright.........

That is completely true.......Could I be any more white trash? I don't see how..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

This is why I hate Dogs, wish all the little Fuckers would be put down :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

My labrador - long since gone to doggy heaven - had a fondness the odd drop of guinness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

Well, Mrs Class is out tonight & I fed the youngest (she's 1) some of my wine.

Way better than Calpol & cheaper too.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

When i was staying in digs in college the landlady had a labrador who stole aload of cans during a party and hid them in the garage. He then pierced and drank them and then staggered back into the kitchen drunk, it was hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

Well, Mrs Class is out tonight & I fed the youngest (she's 1) some of my wine.

Way better than Calpol & cheaper too.:cool:

You're daughter's some dog alright!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭William Powell

I have a dipsomaniac Blue Faced Amazon parrot does that count?

The guy loves beer and spirits including Gin and Tonic, although he's well satisfied with Gin soaked piece of lemon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭stevejr

maringo wrote: »
    My labrador - long since gone to doggy heaven - had a fondness the odd drop of guinness.

My Lab is a bitch for beer, she'll sit begging while I'm havin a beer just as if I was eating a Mars Bar, think she gets her smells mixed up or something. Thinks the DSPA will be monitoring this thread LOL:D

What's the reason for being reasonable?

Is that an unreasonable question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

I have a dipsomaniac Blue Faced Amazon parrot does that count?

The guy loves beer and spirits including Gin and Tonic, although he's well satisfied with Gin soaked piece of lemon.

I read this as 'I have a diplomatic Blue Faced Amazon' :D

easyeason3 wrote: »
    I read this as 'I have a diplomatic Blue Faced Amazon' :D

We couldn't afford one of those, but at least ours doesn't sware ;)

• Advertisement

stevejr wrote: »
    My Lab is a bitch for beer, she'll sit begging while I'm havin a beer just as if I was eating a Mars Bar, think she gets her smells mixed up or something. Thinks the DSPA will be monitoring this thread LOL:D

Is there anything thats remotely edible that a lab won't beg for?

I've even seen one eat brussel sprouts off the plant and reach up and eat runner beans. Beer, drink of the gods for a labradour and I bet a pint wouldn't touch the sides on the way down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

maringo wrote: »

Cleaning up after that must have been a pain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭stevejr

Is there anything thats remotely edible that a lab won't beg for?

I've even seen one eat brussel sprouts off the plant and reach up and eat runner beans. Beer, drink of the gods for a labradour and I bet a pint wouldn't touch the sides on the way down.

Spot on, think they should be called Man's Best Drinkin Friend. Ah but on a serious note I read somewhere that the Booze is a lot more toxic to dogs in general due to thier different metabolism or something, will try find the link.

But slightly off-topic Labs are the most honest affectionate breed IMO

What's the reason for being reasonable?

Is that an unreasonable question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

That dog wouldnt last jig time in the swallows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

My cat has a €400 a week cocaine habit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

My wife has a meth habit

We once successfully trained a dog to steal a packet of biscuits. It didn't work with money though, so we just had tonnes of biscuits instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

orourkeda wrote: »
    That dog wouldnt last jig time in the swallows

thats some bleedin kip ,the off licence is alright though ,still the bullet proof glass in intimidating :pac:

Advertisement