Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mince Pie Emergency!!!

Options
  • 19-12-2010 1:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Anyone know where I can buy the foil cases used for mince pies?? I've checked all the major supermarkets....superquinn, dunnes, tesco, super valu aswell as stock and kitchen complements in dublin but nobody seems to have them!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

I just grease and flour a bun tin and it works really well. They come out easy and look well. The pound shops often have the foil case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

As said if you grease the tin they should be fine, they probably will look even nicer if you don't use a case they should come out more rounded. You could pop them into Xmassy paper cases after but I think they look nice just piled up in a little Xmas box or plate with a sprinkle of icing sugar.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭nesbitt

I used the washable silcone fairy bun cases to line a 12 bun tray, they worked a treat. You could use double ordinary grease proof ones too I guess.

My Mam's sweet pastry has icing sugar in it, so it is a bit too crumbly when cooked if you do not bake it in a case. Kinda moulds the pies and they don't fall apart.

Anyways, have a batch of the pastry in the freezer and two jars of her homemade mince in the cupboard. So I am being eco friendly by re-using the silcone bun cases when we bake more mince pies. Part of my 2011 'try to do better' list.

Advertisement