Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excuses bouncers have used to stop people getting in...

Options
  • 19-12-2010 3:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭

Was in Messers Maguire (Dublin) Friday night, in the smoking area. Had to stop myself laughing out loud when a bouncer told a group of english lads that it was a "private function", and when the lads asked for a "good pub" the bouncers directed them across O'Connell bridge to another pub. And yes, they fell fro it and walked off. Messers, as anyone knows, is quite a big pub, so I found it funny as hell.

Any other good witty excuses that you heard when stopping people from getting in?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

regulars only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Sorry not tonight lads...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Raffo69

"The man on the camera says no" A fovourite in Dundalk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

In before the bouncer bashing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 YUSS

a bouncer once told me and the guys we were too 'well off' to go into a club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭whatsamsn

"regulars only" is a fcuk you type of way of a bouncer not letting you in. Its a total rub and they know it :pac:

But it all comes down to weather a bouncer likes the look at you. Half of the time these questions are bull**** and are just really a way to suss you out. Get talking to you. But the other half is a little powertrip game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

The lads working the door or Messers Maguire's & Q Bar are idiots working minimum wage, on the very bottom rung of the ladder. Complete amateurs on the door, so you'll have to excuse them their ways.

A good doorman won't use an excuse - you'll have given it to him well before you think he's copped you.

Other than that, I hate working with lads who say "regulars only" - its a sure fire way of kicking off a row.. Its in your face rude, and most experienced lads detest hearing it.

"Sorry lads, I don't know the faces" - usually used on scumbags, who know they're scumbags and won't give too much grief. A different kind of "fook off", and understood by scumbags as 'the lads on the door are wide to us'.

"Sorry lads, there's too many of ye" - the bouncer is a windy fooker.. A good lad should be able to call the shots on one or ten lads, number's should never come into it.

Re. the above - NO WHERE has a ratio of girls to guys.. Its simply a case that girls, regardless their looks are normally sober and carry themselves better and behave themselves approaching the door than the lads when their out on the town.. And its really that simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭whatsamsn

Re. the above - NO WHERE has a ratio of girls to guys.. Its simply a case that girls, regardless their looks are normally sober and carry themselves better and behave themselves approaching the door than the lads when their out on the town.. And its really that simple.

Agree with your post 100%.
    But at the same time isnt it about letting the girls in too cause if a place was a total sausage fest guys would leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭tasha200

went to central park in galway lol.... no excuses....... the bouncer asked my partner ' how are you for drinks' he said 'fine, double vodka and red bull' bouncer said, 'naw youve had enough'

enough said....... ****ing ugly dip**** dunbeleivable cant even join a decent drug gang anymore bouncers of ireland lol xxxx

• Advertisement

whatsamsn wrote: »
    Agree with your post 100%.
    But at the same time isnt it about letting the girls in too cause if a place was a total sausage fest guys would leave.

No never.

The money goes across the bar regardless.

Some nights you have a lot of lads out, other's its the girls. There's real effective way of controlling it.

Its just one of those myths really.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Thread moved to Dublin City.

tasha200 wrote: »
    went to central park in galway lol.... no excuses....... the bouncer asked my partner ' how are you for drinks' he said 'fine, double vodka and red bull' bouncer said, 'naw youve had enough'

enough said....... ****ing ugly dip**** dunbeleivable cant even join a decent drug gang anymore bouncers of ireland lol xxxx

I'd say the next question was to ask you for ID, and regardless he's have told you your too young and your ID was fake - its a nice way of saying to a girl "F*&@$$#**£;" when they act really childish and underage.

Thread moved to Dublin City.

Not a DCF issue. But can't blaim you getting rid of it either :p.

Lets just lock it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement