Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To Whom it may concern...RAG week 2011

• 19-12-2010 3:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056121686

To all Waterford residents who have problems with WIT student violence /littering /anti-social behaviour this is the link for the next major...... turn a blind eye to ............ series of criminal acts in Waterford.

Yup ,come February ,the people of Templars Hall ,Ballytruckle , and Woodlawn Grove will have to put up with the criminal behaviours of this county's so called best and brightest young people.

There was a thread started on this forum back in November about the student's "Christmas Day Celebration" ......the moderator "Sully" moved the discussion to the EDU>>WIT forum stating it was for WIT students only.......it quickly decended into a discussion about bandwidth and access on the WIT network....ignoring what the ordinary people of Waterford would have to put up with on Wednesday 1st December

WIT is a major employer in Waterford ,and a huge source of revenue for the local economy , but the misery inflicted on the residents of Waterford by the scumbags it draws in cannot be ignored.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

How did Christmas Day go after? I know the Students Union did their best to encourage people not to go out and if they did, not to engage in antisocial behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

THall04 wrote: »

Yup ,come February ,the people of Templars Hall ,Ballytruckle , and Woodlawn Grove will have to put up with the criminal behaviours of this county's so called best and brightest young people.

What, are Trinity students coming down :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

Thall04 ... are you the new grinch?

Lighten up a bit old .... RAG week is the same as any other weekend & I'm sure if you got that chip off your shoulder about students you'd be a happier person. I do love the way that some people like to blame all anti-social behaviour on "outsiders" ....

& by the way RAG week raises lots of money for charity!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Thanks OP for your contribution. RAG week is a college event - feel free to discuss it within the college forum. If locals feel annoyed etc. about it and wish to discuss it after RAG week occurs, feel free to talk about it in this forum.

In the mean time, I would suggest contacting the SU President Conor Doyle about your concerns, or the Gardai. They work closely, each year, to prevent any problems locally. I think it wasn't bad last year, but I understand in previous years it has been a lot worse.

As RAG Week has not actually happened, and is a few months away, and is being run by a completely different team this year - ill be closing this topic.

In addition, Christmas Day this year passed of relatively quietly and was not supported by WIT or WITSU.

Everyone understands your concerns - but ranting and raving online about a student estate, student behaviour throughout the year etc. wont help your case. Speak to the Gardai, WITSU or even your local councilor. Over the years, this has done wonders for residents in nearby estates to WIT which have houses in student estates. We all understand your frustration, and every effort is always being made to ease the situation.

Sadly, sometimes WIT/WITSU/WCC and The Gardai can not control events that occur without physically locking people into their homes and blocking them from leaving on such dates, which obviously won't and couldn't happen!

Any questions/concerns with this topic being locked, send me a PM.

Thanks.

Topic Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement