Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing in dublin

Options
  • 19-12-2010 5:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Hi,
    Is there a dance school in dublin city center that is good for first time beginners who just want to sample all the different types of dance?
    apologies if this is posted in the wrong forum.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Moved to T&PA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 i Rock

There are not many covering all styles. You could try one class of each until you find the style that suits you.

We have a list here for dublin List

In your mind what did you see your self fitting into?

Regards

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭gleesonger

To be honest we don't really know, we're just looking to get into something thats new and fun. I suppose that I would rule out break dancing,hip hop etc. Something with a bit more style like Salsa or ball room, we all have different tastes so I was hoping for a group which samples all the popular ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭gleesonger

Thanks Dave, your link was very helpful I think I know what Im after now.
    Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 i Rock

gleesonger wrote: »
    To be honest we don't really know, we're just looking to get into something thats new and fun. I suppose that I would rule out break dancing,hip hop etc. Something with a bit more style like Salsa or ball room, we all have different tastes so I was hoping for a group which samples all the popular ones.

Tango?? Cool and sexy! http://www.tangofiestadublin.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 hinatea

I'm precisely looking for people to try a new dance style in Dublin!

I'm a 23 years old french student, in Dublin for 1 year. I'm going to teach a Tribal and gracious dance from Pacific islands, Tahiti (Tamure), Bora Bora, Hawai (Hula)...website

It started to teach last week, there were only 3 people attending.
    So you're more than welcome :)

It's a very good way to work out and have fun at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 yvonne2

gleesonger wrote: »
    Hi,
    Is there a dance school in dublin city center that is good for first time beginners who just want to sample all the different types of dance?
    apologies if this is posted in the wrong forum.
    ;) what address for this dance class

• Registered Users Posts: 4 hinatea

Hi,

the tahitian dance classes are at Herberton Leisure, Reuben plaza, Dublin 8 - the Red luas station 'Fatima'. The classes will be on tuesdays (more convenient than fridays)!!!

So you can drop in even tomorrow :)

See you soon I hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

I'm not sure but I have heard that Just Dance do a 6 week intro course where you do 3 hours of waltz, 3 hours of salsa and 3 hours of jive. Sadly I haven't any more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 baz2011

Try Dance house on Foley street, they do dance classes in loads of different styles and you can just drop in for one lesson at a time?
    http://www.danceireland.ie/dancehouse/

• Advertisement
Advertisement