Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anime and Manga meet in Tokyo!

Options
  • 19-12-2010 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭

Greeting gentlemen and gentlewomen. I come to you today with an idea, an idea which could be EPIC. I propose a meet in Tokyo in 1 years time. I noticed that a lot of my fellow Otakus either want to visit Japan or to travel. For the travelers we can explore the country some more after the initial visit, maybe even Asia depending on who is in...

What better opportunity? I want to do this. I will do this but I reckon it will be a lot more fun with more like minded individuals and maybe someone who speaks Japanese :p. So, who is in!?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Unfortunately, there is no way I'm gonna be able to be in Japan this time next year >_< I'll probably be going back to college in September and if I haven't, I won't be able to afford to go yet anyway :(

/jealousy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

That's a mad idea.

Ya mad yoke ya.

It would be neat though, I just don't have the time nor the money, I'm saving Japan for when I'm working a few years and have saved up for a square watermelon :P

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I've been.

Travel is expensive.

I know a Hostel though that's situated right near the Ueno station, paid 150 euro for a few weeks, was a steal!

I'd definitely be up for it, but probably not next year :P Maybe a year an a half :pac: Like next summer or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭ishvalian

Sounds like a plan OP. I'd be definately interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Then it shall be in 1 year and a half so as to go during the summer! Yatta! Let us go my minions....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I know a Hostel though that's situated right near the Ueno station, paid 150 euro for a few weeks, was a steal!

o_o WhaT?! What place was this and what was it like? Did it have decent enough facilities? The hostel I mainly stayed in Tokyo was K's House which was decent and one of the cheapest but still nowhere near that cheap! The cheapest hostel we had went to was in Nagoya where we had a bed but nothing else really, no air con and old traditional style toilets :(

I would be interested but around that time ill also be, like Konata, putting in applications for University (going back as a mature student in 2012, second chance) so would be waiting around for interviews and don't particularly want to lose my job for the trip! :p. The fact I would be waiting for the interviews and also waiting to see if I was successful or not is what would put me off. Was even half thinking of going to Japan to a language school before I went into University but realistically wouldn't work out time-wise :(

But hope it actually goes to plan for people, great experience to visit and love the particularly starking contrasts between the cities and more rural areas of the country!

@ Thomas: I saw one in Shinjuku for 20,000 yen :P

Advertisement