Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flight Cancellation Compensation

Options
  • 19-12-2010 11:56am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what I would be entitled to.

Due to fly out from Sydney to London on the 23rd with Virgin.

If they were to cancel this flight what compensation should i get?
    They say on their website that if your flight is cancelled due to weather that they dont have to compensate you but I seem to remember similar claims during the ash cloud being revealed to be untrue.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭OhThePenguin

I don't know about Virgin but Ryanair are refunding anybody who's flight has been cancelled due to the weather. And, if Ryanair are refunding people its almost certain that you are legally entitled to it

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Yes a refund would be offered if it was cancelled but obviously im not at home and this is my return journey so just wondering if i have to pay for my own accomadation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

castie wrote: »
    Yes a refund would be offered if it was cancelled but obviously im not at home and this is my return journey so just wondering if i have to pay for my own accomadation.

Yes I would imagine so. It is not the Airlines fault they cant fly. It is a safety issue at the end of the day. You will get your flight money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I was at Schiphol airport weeks back when Dublin Airport was closed andflights were cancelled. I was put up in a hotel overnight by KLM (Aer Lingus' partners) and was given meal vouchers.

My partner was caught in Gatwick when Ryanair cancelled his flight and the money was refunded. However, he wasn't at the airport so I don't know if he would have gotten accomodation & food.

There's a good European website with information on airline compensation. A google search should locate it for you.

Advertisement