Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bulmers pear

Options
  • 19-12-2010 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭

Been checking around. The best I can find south of the border is tesco who are selling 6 cans for a tenner. That works out at 3.30 per litre which isn't bad.

BUT, sainsburys (there's one in Newry) are selling 24 cans (only 440ml sized cans) for £14 which works out at around €1.50 per litre. Less than half the price!! Now I'd rather spend my money South of the border since the economy's in the toilet, but it's hard to ignore that kind of price differential.

If anyone knows of anywhere that's got deals on bulmers pear I'd be much obliged.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Earlier this year Tesco were selling bottles of "pear cider" it wasn't bulmers - but it tasted the same for 1.00 a bottle (330ml I think).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

I remember that, it certainly didn't taste the same, the stuff was awful! I usually wait for Kopparberg to be on deal and I stock up then. The best I get usually is 4 cans for €6 or else 4 bottles for €7.50 in Tesco, not as good as the prices you see up north but still pretty ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Nice one. Kinda forgot to check the price of kopparberg. Tesco have 12 x 330ml cans for a tenner which works out at 2.50 per litre. Not bad at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bmarley

Khannie wrote: »
    Been checking around. The best I can find south of the border is tesco who are selling 6 cans for a tenner. That works out at 3.30 per litre which isn't bad.

BUT, sainsburys (there's one in Newry) are selling 24 cans (only 440ml sized cans) for £14 which works out at around €1.50 per litre. Less than half the price!! Now I'd rather spend my money South of the border since the economy's in the toilet, but it's hard to ignore that kind of price differential.

If anyone knows of anywhere that's got deals on bulmers pear I'd be much obliged.

No comparison between the prices here and up north. I stocked up last week across the border and saved a fortune. 3 bottles of jacobs creek for 10 pound. The bulmers was on offer there bought 8 pint bottles for 7 pound. thought that was a bargain.

Advertisement