Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canon lens repair?

Options
  • 19-12-2010 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello!

Looking for recommendations for lens repair for my Canon EFS 17-85 mm lens. Hoping to find a place within walking distance of the centre of Cork city.

The lens was worked on once over the summer when I lived in Italy, but it's having issues again. Was a shutter issue, but may also be an auto-focus issue. 'Course, could be that the focus is simply being affected by improper exposure time. Problem is sporadic, but that's how it started last time before it got really bad.

Alternately, anyone know good shops to get a used lens? I read the FAQ and checked out Adverts.ie, but nothing is listed right now. This is my main go-to lens so I'm feeling really stuck without it. Help!

Looking forward to your recommendations. Thanks very much!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭chisel

Theres a fella on here, zerohamster that a lot of people seem to recommend....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭zerohamster

Hey, saw your post earlier but I didnt have time to reply.
    If you are interested in repair PM Ill see what I can do. (if you arent sure how to do this reply here and I can show you how to)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

TourAbsurd wrote: »
    Hello!

Looking for recommendations for lens repair for my Canon EFS 17-85 mm lens. Hoping to find a place within walking distance of the centre of Cork city.

The lens was worked on once over the summer when I lived in Italy, but it's having issues again. Was a shutter issue, but may also be an auto-focus issue. 'Course, could be that the focus is simply being affected by improper exposure time. Problem is sporadic, but that's how it started last time before it got really bad.

Alternately, anyone know good shops to get a used lens? I read the FAQ and checked out Adverts.ie, but nothing is listed right now. This is my main go-to lens so I'm feeling really stuck without it. Help!

Looking forward to your recommendations. Thanks very much!

I have had issues with the same lens and Zerohamster sorted it out for me.

I posted my lens to him and had it back in about 8days. Sound fella to deal with. No problem with it since.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

if you can wait - I'll be in Cork over christmas and can bring the lens up to Dublin to Zerohamster ...... and back down to Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 TourAbsurd

PCPhoto wrote: »
    if you can wait - I'll be in Cork over christmas and can bring the lens up to Dublin to Zerohamster ...... and back down to Cork.

Wow, that would be absolutely fantastic! Sending Zerohamster a message now. Will send one to you as well. Thanks so much for the offer. :)

Advertisement