Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to work out a scale in DCG

• 19-12-2010 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

Hi, can someone please tell me how to work out a scale for DCG. I have a question on perspective for homework and the scale is 1:200, now to me I would assume that for every 1mm on my work sheet is 200mm in real life so I divide all measurements on the question sheet by 200 (after converting them into mm) but my teacher says just divide all of them by 5. How did he come to that conclusion?

Thanks
    Adam

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

Hi, can someone please tell me how to work out a scale for DCG. I have a question on perspective for homework and the scale is 1:200, now to me I would assume that for every 1mm on my work sheet is 200mm in real life so I divide all measurements on the question sheet by 200 (after converting them into mm) but my teacher says just divide all of them by 5. How did he come to that conclusion?

Thanks
    Adam
    i don't know where he got that from but your right..Divide by 200

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭thisisadamh

Advertisement