Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get high points?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Ktryan

Jesus, im a sixth year and thats more than we've done yet :eek:
    Essays are a pain in the hole, but they're easy enough to memorise... The works are icky icky icky, but the way i see it, nearly everything else is worth more marks than them, so they deserve less attention! Just wait till you start barry ;)

Essays are worth the exact same marks as question 2,3 and 4 in the listening exam, they are serious easy marks! If anyone wants i still have my irish music essays from 6th year I can send them to you just send me a pm :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

How to get high points?

Study.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Ficheall wrote: »
    How to get high points?

Study.

I was waiting for that response since I posted this thread :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Glad I could help.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Take advantage of the fact that Irish students don't do all that well in foreign languages (compared to some of their European conterparts). Do all you can to improve your oral and aural abilities, listen to all the Cd sets you can find until French doesn't sound weird anymore and you can easily make out what they're saying. Get on Skype and talk to French speakers (you can find them on many language learning sites), and practice a lot!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Curlyhatescurls

You can definitely get an A1 in music. I didn't do music for the junior cert and I have never studied it or done any grades or anything. I did half group singing and half solo performance(singing) for the practical, and it's quite possible to get an extremely high grade in it to make up for the written and listening part which I found very difficult.

The best advice I can give you is learn your set works inside out(it's really not that difficult, they are looking for the same answers, all about techniques bla bla bla and certain motifs and themes which are important, just learn that all off by heart)

The composition is pretty easy as I just learned how to read music and when I was composing I had absolutely no idea what the notes sounded like. I just learnt all the rules and followed them exactly. It's the leaving cert, they don't seem to like any creativity, just follow the rules, be boring and safe and you will do very well.

I got an A2:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 lilyos

Snappage!! i am doing 5 higher, lcvp and 3 ordinary subjects....regarding the lcvp, i would say for your portfolio look up on goole......links module assessment guidelines and then click the link with ncca or nnca or something like that....it is brilliant....i thought my pportfolio was distinction standard...well i was wrong it was a high pass but still a pass at that. but it's all ok now...hope this help...and im sure the written is a doss if ur business is good...good luck!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

dory wrote: »
    Get on Skype and talk to French speakers (you can find them on many language learning sites), and practice a lot!!

Can you send me a link of some of these language learning sites so I can practice my French. I can't find them,sorry.

Advertisement