Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub prices

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Jackovarian

kevin99 wrote: »
    That's called a 'cartel'. So the publican is encouraging you to drink more than, perhaps, you want to drink during the week by introducing a special offer of three pints or a tenner.
    Walk away,.

Ehhhhhhhh no. Thats not a cartel... A cartel (in the pub trade) is where a few pubs get together and set their prices to the same level, usually a high price.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,522 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Nope. Thats called A Temple Bar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

rubadub wrote: »
    So many pubs might open at 5pm and put up prices at 7pm, this is like bars still allowed put up the price at 11.30 to cover late pub licence fees and "out of hour wages".
    would that not cause problems because of them being legally required to display prices outside the door? Lets say they charged the €4.50 on the display for a pint of whatever, and then tried charge a fiver later, they'd be putting themselves in the firing line.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

What's stopping them changing the display price ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

would that not cause problems because of them being legally required to display prices outside the door? Lets say they charged the €4.50 on the display for a pint of whatever, and then tried charge a fiver later, they'd be putting themselves in the firing line.

http://www.consumerconnect.ie/eng/Hot_Topics/Guides-to-Consumer-Law/Prices/Specific_price_displays.html
    If the bar has a policy of increasing prices after a certain time (for instance, after 11pm), the prices on display should be those being charged at that time.

I wonder if all pubs do this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,492 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Some more prices, July 2011:

GALWAY: Murphy's and Freeney's, High street, Galway = 3.85

SLIGO

Typical town centre Guinness = 3.90-4.00

Beamish is available from 3.20 in Sligo

MEATH

Some towns have pubs selling Guinness at 3.55-3.60

Brussels prices July 2011

Much more price dispersion than Ireland.

25cl of pils

As high as 2.50 = 5.68 per pint of Diekich pils in Au Bon Vieux Temps

But in nearby A l'Imaige Nostre Dame, it's 1.60 for 25cl of Jupiler pils = 3.64 per pint

Amsterdam prices, July 2011

We paid about 2.00-2.40 in several pubs along Utrectestraat.

I'm not sure if the glass had 25cl or 30cl.

Assuming 30cl, then the prices are about 4.17 per pint

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Geuze wrote: »
    Brussels prices July 2011

But in nearby A l'Imaige Nostre Dame, it's 1.60 for 25cl of Jupiler pils = 3.64 per pint

I hate 25CL Beers, it's like having a shot :P

I have THE best Beer shop ever close to where I live ...
    http://www.mitraslijterijvanbergen.nl/

mmmmmmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

4.90 for a pint of Guinness in the Dawson lounge!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

4.90 for a pint of Guinness in the Dawson lounge!

4.50 for a 400ml Glass of Guinness in Duesseldorf

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Ooppssss

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

€3.60 for Guinness in West Clare. €4 for beer. €18 for a large vodka and red bull in Temple Bar last year. I changed to Guinness after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

€3.50 for a great pint of Guinness in Fitzgerald's, Castlegregory Co. Kerry. how I miss it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

3pint pitcher of any tap beer €10 Clancys Athy. Any 5 long necks €15, Vodka and red bull type drink 4.50, vodka & coke €5. + its a great pub too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yupyup7up

Pints are a rip off in this country.

I drink Paulaner so don't mind paying a little more but over 4.80(still very expensive) is ridiculous and happens frequently.

Bottles are worse - €6 for a bottle of desperados in a well known Limerick nightclub.

North of England is the place to go for drink. Liverpool and Newcastle are only about £2.30 a pint! Albeit the pints may not be as good, still though!

Advertisement