Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coconut Milk issues

Options
  • 19-12-2010 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

Hi all,

Recently every tin of coconut milk I buy comes out in two parts - water and a sort of hardened coconut paste.

Is this just cos of the cold weather, or is it because the coconut milk left is too long on the shelf or might it be the particular brand my supermarket stocks (Blue Dragon)?

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Mix it through before you use it. It's just separated, it's always like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭the west wing

This can happen, especially if it is low fat coconut milk. But it is fine to use just mix it up like the previous poster said.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭colsku

OK thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Give the tin a really good shake before you open it.

The split tins can be good for cooking - I spoon a tablespoon of the solids onto a hot pan and use that for frying curry pastes, then add the rest when the paste has lost the 'raw' smell (two to three minutes).

Advertisement