Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Algebra Part Cs

• 19-12-2010 1:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭

Doing HL maths in 5th year atm and my exam is tomorrow (:eek:). Can anyone give me a breakdown of the style of things that come up in the parts Cs of question 1 and 2 on paper one? I have done everything back to 2004 and I can't seem to figure out what they are asking me to do a lot of the time. Part As and Bs are grand and I can get them done in about 10 minutes altogether, but part cs are a disaster.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

They're not really that diverse, the Factor Theorem is a common theme with them. Inequalities are also common, as they can be tied in with the Factor Theorem. If given a root mostly the job is to substitute in (if possible) or divide the factor into the equation (a la the Factor Theorem) and prove that some variable is equal another variable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement