Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daylight bulbs (5500K+ colour temperature, 30,000+ lux?)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

the lamps in your links could light the car park outside and possibly blind you if used indoors. most lamps available here are broken down into 2 groups, warm white and cool white. warm would be generally anything under 4000k and cool anything over. these terms ww & cw are generally specific to certain ranges of lamps, ie... flouresent, compact flouresent, metal halide and in more recent times led. i think the best way forward for you is to determine what lamp you need and then see what is available closest to what your needs are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

plenderj wrote: »

I was looking to get some of those daylight lamps for the apartment for my girlfriend.

Her name Mary Jane by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭plenderj

the lamps in your links could light the car park outside and possibly blind you if used indoors. most lamps available here are broken down into 2 groups, warm white and cool white. warm would be generally anything under 4000k and cool anything over. these terms ww & cw are generally specific to certain ranges of lamps, ie... flouresent, compact flouresent, metal halide and in more recent times led. i think the best way forward for you is to determine what lamp you need and then see what is available closest to what your needs are.

Ack, okay no don't need something that bright. I was looking for something that has the full spectrum of colour, but could be used indoors.

mikom wrote: »
    Her name Mary Jane by any chance?
    Heh no actually :) Most people I mention this project to mention the same thing :D
    It's really just normal daylight light I'm trying to produce, not any funky stuff for growing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

there are daylight tubes, I know Philips make them, I've sen them used to make false skylights before they were reasonably effective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

I've seen them also. I think Osram may have made them. And yes, they were quite good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

most common sizes/wattages in daylight are 18/36/58 watt, 2/4/5 foot t8.
    most common makes are phillips, narva, sylvania,osram, radium.
    unless you use nice arcitectural fittings or discreet lighting methods these these lamps will look out of place in a house/appartment.
    you can buy daylight bulbs in standard gls type in both es and bc bases and are available in 60 and 100 watts.
    the most common use for daylight bulbs are in applications where there is no natural light or the existing light has to be enhanced, we sell them to ppl who supply art studios ect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭plenderj

I basically wanted to experiment if they had any effect in warding of S.A.D.
    Whereabouts do you sell them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

did you find a solution to your problem in the end?

im thinking of moving into a basement apartment with little to no light and want to make sure i have options first...

Advertisement