Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Macbook Air

• 19-12-2010 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭

Hello guys,

I was thinking of buying the first macbook air but I don't know much about it , is it as good as new one ? (i can't afford the new one)

Any reviews and experiences would be appreciated ?

Im not using it for anything much , I already have my main computer at home so thats not going to change , just for music , photos, internet that kind of thing so wouldn't be hard work for it!

Thanks guys!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Blink182rock

anyone ?

any advice would be great before xmas ?
    cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭mjquinno

apparently applecare wont cover the hinges if broken in the old macbook air.
    Im also considering buying one.

is that a known problem ?
    i have a macbook and would consider getting rid of the macbook for the air !

Some people said its slow and all that !

have you any reviews ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I'll have mine for 2 years this xmas, no issues with it so far,

never had any hinge problems, never knew that was any issues with them there still as strong as they 1st were.

Its not very good for heavy using programs, it will become very hot and erratic, but for internet, music, pictures and video its fine, battery has depleted much either since i 1st got it, still get about 2hrs video time,

btw, i bought mine from the online apple store, refurbished model

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

if you are planning on using the air as your main / only computer then its not for you

cheers for that !

So you'd recommend it ?

I not going to be doing much with it but still want it to be able to handle the basics.

Will the price of that model depreciate much in the next few years I wounder ?

]
    PeakOutput wrote: »
    if you are planning on using the air as your main / only computer then its not for you

I'm not but why that ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭mjquinno

is that a known problem ?
    i have a macbook and would consider getting rid of the macbook for the air !

Some people said its slow and all that !

have you any reviews ?

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1893302&tstart=0

I'm afraid now :)!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

new macbook air etc coming out in January apparently, you might aswell hold off, they will be using new intel sandy bridge chips instead of the old core 2 !

money money money !!

cheers :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

No, the Air was only refreshed in October. It's the Macbook and Macbook Pro that will be getting updated in January/February. If you getting a new Air now is the time to get it.

And for future reference, OP, the Mac forum is here.

I see ....

sooooo would you recommend the older macbook pro ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Old MacBook Pro? You mean the current one? Or an older model? It depends which one.

i meant macbook AIR sorry .

The first one ?

Personally I think the new models are much better. Improved battery life, SSDs as standard, better hinge, etc. And the 11 inch is very appealing. I never liked the old Air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

What are the visual differences between the new version and the older one?

Advertisement